Places to stay in Timmins

Akronsnow

Trying to decide where to stay in Timmins in a couple of weeks. I know cedar meadows is nice , but not sure of the prices this season. Stayed at the comfort before but it's a pain crossing the road and a long walk to dinner. Does anyone know how the super 8 is next to Caseys and how much rooms are there ?? Bonair was never very nice either

Drive to cochrane

Super 8 is good, stayed their twice. Continental breakfast included. I think it was about $80-90 for the night (2yrs ago)

what's the word on Timmins Inns & Suites? - formerly the Howard Johnson's... is it better than the Super 8?

I haven't heard of anyone staying there. I will say that it's easy to get to as TOP C passes by it to the north & not far from the Esso truck stop for gas.

Our buddy stayed @ the Bon Air in 2010 when he had to get his Apex fixed @ the Yammi dealer. Didn't say anything bad about the place, but then again he may have been happy that he didn't have to sleep on the trail.

We've stayed @ the Travelodge several times. A bit of side street running which can be iffy depending on snow conditions. Besides the ESM next door, there's a nice seafood rest' just down the street (towards downtown), The Fishbowl :right_on: .

what's the word on Timmins Inns & Suites? - formerly the Howard Johnson's... is it better than the Super 8?

I just stayed there. $79/night. It was $91 with tax. Right off the trail into the parking lot. Breakfast bar included. This was a snowmobile rate for a two double beds in a room. It is just to the east of the Walmart and where the trail makes the bend you follow the tracks straight to the parking lot. There is a striped barrel you can see from the trail and follow the tracks past it.

They have a lockup, but have not kept it dug out, so they told us to park right under the roof in front of the main doors (far side of drive) and the night clerk would try to keep an eye on them. We had no issues.

I would say it is a good value after checking other prices!

Stayed at Cedar Meadows last week. Rate was $103 and the rooms were very nice and easy to get to from the trail. Apparently the Comfort Inn was $105

Archived