Groundhog Day

b-bry

Hey, I backed my sled out of the garage this morning & didn't see its shadow. Does that mean six more weeks of open trails, or is it the other way around?

Winter here is over no matter what the old ground hog said today.

Winter here is over no matter what the old ground hog said today.

Did I miss the start of winter?

rumour has it snow will start in mid May just in time for boating season

Which weather forecaster would you believe?

432351_313159095403769_244753448911001_902927_346777437_n.jpgSetWidth420-DavidPhillips120101220.jpg

5.56 mm right through the eyes will take care of a swamp rat.

Look at the bright side, there is always next year. It should be a great winter. Can't get any worse that is for sure. Usually after a crap winter, we will get a real winter.

Look at the bright side, there is always next year. It should be a great winter. Can't get any worse that is for sure. Usually after a crap winter, we will get a real winter.

Are you high? LOL

This is the third crappy Winter in Haliburton and this year is better than last!

That's the way it has been working here the last 5 or 6 year. One good, one bad.

Are you high? LOL

This is the third crappy Winter in Haliburton and this year is better than last!

I can't comment on 2 years ago, but last year all I put on was 508 miles. I'm almost @ that tonight w/ 475. That being said, there was discussion on TV the other night that said the "experts" just figured that since this was supposed to be a La Nina winter, it was going to be cold & snowy. Unfortunately they didn't look @ any other factors.

We need a volcano to explode west of North America & have the sun blotted out of the sky by all the ash in the atmosphere.

I can't comment on 2 years ago, but last year all I put on was 508 miles. I'm almost @ that tonight w/ 475. That being said, there was discussion on TV the other night that said the "experts" just figured that since this was supposed to be a La Nina winter, it was going to be cold & snowy. Unfortunately they didn't look @ any other factors.

We need a volcano to explode west of North America & have the sun blotted out of the sky by all the ash in the atmosphere.

We need to sacrifice a virgin!

We need to sacrifice a virgin!

And where do you think a bunch like us would find a virgin... We need to do something drastic though... the snow dance isnt working

In our neck of the woods it's the ugliest girl in the grade 3 class.

Because grade three is the highest grade?

Two Winters ago was when Minden declared a "state of emergency". Almost four feet of snow fell in 72 hours. However after a few thaws, that was really the only snow for the whole Winter. There was not one snow event after that dumping, and the trails were toast by the end of Feb.

Two Winters ago was when Minden declared a "state of emergency". Almost four feet of snow fell in 72 hours. However after a few thaws, that was really the only snow for the whole Winter. There was not one snow event after that dumping, and the trails were toast by the end of Feb.

I forgot about that. We were up north on our trip while that happened. Apsley got a dumping as well.

Archived