Maybe a dumb question but....

JimmyO

Jimmy

It is not a good idea to put the new permit over the old one because the new permits (for the last couple of years) are translucent. The best way to remove them is to peal off the old sticker, which will leave the "Void" on the surface. Then use Goo Gone or some similar product (that will not affect your windshield or paint surface) to remove the old glue.

With Goo Gone, wet the glue and let it sit for a few minutes. Then you can scrape the glue with your fingernail and paper towel. It will probably take 3 or 4 treatments to get all of it off but the Goo Gone does not harm the windshield or the paint and will work pretty well. Other solvents may work as well, but I can only tell you what I use.

BTW, Goo Gone is available at Canadian Tire and I think from some of the hardware stores as well.

Hope this helps

Although the 08 permit may not be as translucent as in the past years, there's still the problem of low life pond scum stealing your permit. They lift up under previous years and that way avoid the "VOID" lettering that appears on a permit when you lift it. They then glue the permits to their sled and ride at your expense. That is one of the reasons police officers want to see your green paper copy when you bought your permit.

Jeff

Thanks for the info guys.

I have about a gallon of Goo Gone at home so I'll use that.

Jim

A Gallon???? I don't think I want to know what you need that much for :poke: :poke:

Although the 08 permit may not be as translucent as in the past years, there's still the problem of low life pond scum stealing your permit. They lift up under previous years and that way avoid the "VOID" lettering that appears on a permit when you lift it. They then glue the permits to their sled and ride at your expense. That is one of the reasons police officers want to see your green paper copy when you bought your permit.

Jeff

I know we keep having this debate, but I was finally stopped and checked. Never asked us for the green copy. I keep it home to prove I had one if my sled is stolen.

New Jersey is called "The Garden State" - maybe its really "The Gooey State" :shock:

Head out to the home depot and see the Goo Gone display at the end of the Isle - "Hey" me thinks. I have that sticker on that whatchamacolit - I'll pick up some of this.

Take it home and never remove the sticker.

Next trip to the Home Depot - see the Goo Gone display at the end of the isle. "Hey" me thinks. I have that sticker on that whatchamacolit - I'll pick up some of this.

Take it home and never remove the sticker

Another trip to the Home depot - see the Goo Gone display at the end of the isle. "Hey" me thinks. I have that sticker on that whatchamacolit - I'll pick up some of this.

Repeat a few more times and you end up with a gallon. Easy Peasy

Want to know how many pounds of Nails or measuring tapes I have ?

New Jersey is called "The Garden State" - maybe its really "The Gooey State" :shock:

Head out to the home depot and see the Goo Gone display at the end of the Isle - "Hey" me thinks. I have that sticker on that whatchamacolit - I'll pick up some of this.

Next trip to the Home Depot - see the Goo Gone display at the end of the isle. "Hey" me thinks. I have that sticker on that whatchamacolit - I'll pick up some of this.

Another trip to the Home depot - see the Goo Gone display at the end of the isle. "Hey" me thinks. I have that sticker on that whatchamacolit - I'll pick up some of this.

:rotflmao:

I resemble that remark

:oops::oops:

Boy, can I ever relate to this... :lol:

My memory's good, it's just short... :rotflmao:

Archived