Cochrane trip #1 in the books(Jan 18-21) Going Back Feb1-4

Turbo Doo

Heres a few pictures we took on our trip this past few days. Had a great time, Westway Motor was a pretty darn good place to stay, and hats off to the ladies at Jr's, Terry's Steakhouse, and the IceHut...Not too bad at all. Looking forward to coming back in a week and a half...

Timmins Snowmobile Club did a amazing job at grooming friday night, and we were the first sleds down the C trail through the power line..What a stretch of straight and fast that is. All the trials were great from Cochrane-timmins-Moonbeam-Kap-Smooth Rock and over to Ir. Falls. Awesome amount of snow. Now all we need is the Polar Bear club to finish up the Abitibi Canyon and the trail over into Quebec and were good to go..

Nice pics there IQ , still looks like there is a few sledders around , your going back again in 10 days ? how do you handle the stress ?

IQ, when I heard about the TOP A reroute west of Cochrane, I was kind of excited, because that's a pretty stretch of trail thru Greenwater PP.

I want to try to go back up on march break.

Great report! Glad you had fun up there!

Hey Blake, Im either going to Cochrane or Wawa for my March Break. Likely Sunday March 11 to Friday March 16

Timmins Snowmobile Club did a amazing job at grooming friday night, and we were the first sleds down the C trail through the power line..What a stretch of straight and fast that is. All the trials were great from Cochrane-timmins-Moonbeam-Kap-Smooth Rock and over to Ir. Falls. Awesome amount of snow. Now all we need is the Polar Bear club to finish up the Abitibi Canyon and the trail over into Quebec and were good to go..

Speaking of the canyon...any news on the "limited" east side? Grooming just hasn't been completed?? Logging?? We ran that limited stretch on the east side last season (due to logging) but I'm not sure I'd want to do that again.

hokkkey, Welcome to the forum. Hope you find the information and fun visiting here that we do.

As for the Canyon, we ran the ploughed section a couple of times last year and it wasn't too bad IMO. The last run was early April (the last day that Extreme Tours was open). There were a couple of stops required for overheating but not the worst I have ridden.

cochrane looks awesome...im just not one that looks forward to the 9 plus hours of driving...that part sucks.....but i will have to get over it i guess ,cause it seems to be the place to go....nice pix

Archived