Kearney Ride Report Jan. 14 & 15, 2012

sledjunk

Hey there!

Great report!

Are you heading out this weekend/ If so, Where?

I'm looking to join up with someone for a ride wherever there's Snow.

I still have your # from Cochrane last year.

Amen to that, wannago...we ALL need that new snow.

As we've discussed in the past, we should meet sometime (perhaps even with SJ...) and ride together when you're up at the cottage.

For sure this year we will have to try and meet up. We are going to be up at the cottage for the week of Feb.20, that may be a good time to make this work. Last year we trailered over to the Algonquin trails to ride with Tim a couple of the days, now that was great, Tim grooms at night and then we get to ride the fresh trails the next day!

Welcome back, Noisey1eh!

I will be heading out this weekend. I am not sure where yet, but I will drop you a line or call. I have your number from last year as well.

Wow, great report sledjunk. And I love the maps. A few friends of mine are heading to Huntsville this weekend and they mentioned that they may trailer to Kearney, since they show green of the interactive map.

I'm actually so stupid that I'm heading up from London to meet them in Huntsville (just over 4hr drive) just for the day. I too need to ride.

Oh and that day is this Sunday. The recent snowfall I read about in Huntsville will surely help things. I know it cant hurt.

message me if there's anyone as stupid as me willing to spend more in truck gas than sled gas. Who knows, maybe we can save each other some dough.

We are going to be staying at the Edgewater. I understand that they got another foot yesterday so it should be great. Hopefully, we'll cross paths on the trails.

Funny thing, the two guys that I ended up riding with were from London as well. And there were a couple of others staying at the motel that were from Kitchener. Hope you can find someone to join you.

Great report. Ditto to everything Sledjunk wrote. Trail conditions varied but the main thing is that we escaped the city. The accomodations were great - clean, fresh and reasonably priced. Food was good and service was very friendly. Unfortunately my Doo wasn't happy with the -32 temps on Sunday morning and we had to enlist extra help to get it loaded. Thanks to all who helped. :right_on:

post-20259-0-41441700-1326933078_thumb.jpg

We are going to be staying at the Edgewater. I understand that they got another foot yesterday so it should be great. Hopefully, we'll cross paths on the trails.

Funny thing, the two guys that I ended up riding with were from London as well. And there were a couple of others staying at the motel that were from Kitchener. Hope you can find someone to join you.

headin back to edgewater...must be good...

Yeah, I was impressed. And it is closer than Cochrane.

What are you guys doing this weekend?

Yeah, I was impressed. And it is closer than Cochrane.

What are you guys doing this weekend?

way closer & warmer..bill & i should go there...can't get away till sunday morning...

Spoke too soon!!!!

When I tried to reserve this morning, Edgewater and all accommodations in the Kearney and Burk's Falls area are booked. We are staying and riding out of the Caswell in Sundridge. Never stayed there for sledding but I will post what I find.

Spoke too soon!!!!

When I tried to reserve this morning, Edgewater and all accommodations in the Kearney and Burk's Falls area are booked. We are staying and riding out of the Caswell in Sundridge. Never stayed there for sledding but I will post what I find.

did you try over at silversands to get a motel room?

i think i passed your group a few times saturday and sunday when i was there

did you try over at silversands to get a motel room?

i think i passed your group a few times saturday and sunday when i was there

Yeah, I tried Silversands, Sandhurst, Sandy Lake and a bunch in the Burk's Falls area as well.

Too bad we didn't meet. If you see me again, flag me down! It is always great to meet other OC'ers.

Wow, word gets out fast! Wish we were going to be up, I would have gladly offered you accomadation SJ. We need help shoveling off the roof! :lmao: I am sure Caswell will be fine and hopefully the lake is staked so that you can head over towards the Burks Falls area. The 306 to D123 trail is a nice ride. D123 into Burks Falls is a really great trail, I love those hills!! Have a great weekend and I look forward to your pictures!

Just got back from 180 Ks around Kearny , trails are in awsome shape , snowing big time when I left , will post up a couple of vids later , Hwy 11 from Kearney to Bracebridge was White Knuckle , I think there will be lots of trails going geen next week , accident on A trail , a guy driving down the trail in a car , A sled came over the hill and hit him square on in the windsheild , all emergency services on site , the guy on sled was not good , cops waved everyone on there way so not sure how he made out

Thanks for the report. Hope he fares OK. Scary!

Sledjunk, or any one else heading up that way,

I'll be heading up to my place on lake Bernard tomorrow AM till mid afternoon Saturday, think I'll be on my own, so would be happy to hook up for a ride late friday or Sat AM. Looks like the conditions should be mint up there.

Ted

Sledjunk, or any one else heading up that way,

I'll be heading up to my place on lake Bernard tomorrow AM till mid afternoon Saturday, think I'll be on my own, so would be happy to hook up for a ride late friday or Sat AM. Looks like the conditions should be mint up there.

Ted

Great! We (Moosifer & I) will be arriving later tomorrow but Noisey1eh is arriving earlier. As I mentioned, we are staying at the Caswell.

Just got back from 180 Ks around Kearny , trails are in awsome shape , snowing big time when I left , will post up a couple of vids later , Hwy 11 from Kearney to Bracebridge was White Knuckle , I think there will be lots of trails going geen next week , accident on A trail , a guy driving down the trail in a car , A sled came over the hill and hit him square on in the windsheild , all emergency services on site , the guy on sled was not good , cops waved everyone on there way so not sure how he made out

bet the police will be all over sleds up there this wk end....

Im sure , there were lots of throttle jockeys out today , guys blowing corners ,parked up against trees , spinning up hills in themiddle of the trail , the same old same old , then there will be the guys who have to be first on the ice , Im a hockey dad all weekend so I will be safe inside the arena

Im sure , there were lots of throttle jockeys out today , guys blowing corners ,parked up against trees , spinning up hills in themiddle of the trail , the same old same old , then there will be the guys who have to be first on the ice , Im a hockey dad all weekend so I will be safe inside the arena

Speaking of Ice - we're staking Kahshe on Saturday. the 4 trail is limited from 15 to K Lake. And the D trail is limited from K lake to Gravenhurst so the stakes are going up and we're connected. <smiles>

you have 1400 km on already...nice...think we're headin up sun morning...hope trails aren't complete rite off

Speaking of Ice - we're staking Kahshe on Saturday. the 4 trail is limited from 15 to K Lake. And the D trail is limited from K lake to Gravenhurst so the stakes are going up and we're connected. <smiles>

Nice , with the squalls coming in things should go full geen soon , finally some sledding from the house , I thought I was going to wear out my trailer

Archived