Misdirected Blame? (OFSC)

skidooer

The common theme we all share when purchasing a trail pass and riding OFSC trails is that we agree to do so at our own risk. We agree to operate our sleds in a safe fashion pertaining to the ever changing conditions nature affords us, as well as having current snowmobile insurance coverage on our sleds. We also agree that we are engaging in an off road experience on trails that are only temporary at best solely dependent on snow conditions.

Perhaps legal counsel should be sought outside the insurance industry regarding the legalities of use at your own risk policies and signage. Would language on the trail pass waivers stating that the permit buyer agree not to hold OFSC as well as landowners responsible for accidents incurred on the trails be sufficient protection from liabilities? Are we making this more complicated then it deserves?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yiu gotta remember what a judge was before he was a judge. He isn't going to p--- in his buddys corn flakes.

Good one Classic. I've also heard in the past that most MPs are lawyers & when laws are written there's always "grey areas" & loop holes that are challenged in higher courts. Job security.

Good one Classic. I've also heard in the past that most MPs are lawyers & when laws are written there's always "grey areas" & loop holes that are challenged in higher courts. Job security.

I can't resist.........

Why do lawyers where neck ties???

It keeps their foreskin from covering their heads.... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I was at the ATM, and I attend district and groomer meetings. Lots of talk , tons of paper , too many rules and too many chiefs. The worst thing that ever happened was getting into bed with the MTO. I just want to go out and make great trails for our members who hand over a lot of money . When over half the price of a permit goes to insurance and "Big Brother" we have a problem. The duplication of book keeping and insurance at every level has tied the hands of those who need the money to repair trails and infrastructure. My2c

Archived