Mukskoka Tour with pics

Muskoka Man

I took a ride from Bracebridge to Port sydney to Baysville and back to Gravenhurst , We got fresh snow on Sun. and then -25 and the trails were groomed and froze , all clubs were out last night making a white carpart , I seen maybe 10 sleds all day , got in about 225 Kms , cold temps coming this week so a lot of the trail will be coming together real fast for late week

teardown_0135-1.jpg

Turtle lake west of Gravenhurst

teardown_0134-1.jpg

D-trail Gravenhurst

teardown_0132.jpg

South of Baysville

teardown_0131.jpg

Baysville

teardown_0129.jpg

Port sydney

teardown_0126.jpg

Doesn't get any better than that now does it? With the title of the post saying "Mukskoka" I thought you were posting the pics of more sleds stuck in the Bala Sippy hole !

Awesome looking trails up there MM!!! Don't you just love riding on a Monday 8-) We're heading to Kearney on Thursday - looking forward to some great riding this weekend! cool0012.gif

Giddy Up

Iwas up in Kearny last Mon. I took 37 south and north to Sprucedale and to Kearny and all the Trails on the way up were great , seen your groomer club and they were doing a excellant job , What is D-Trail like towards the North Bay area ? All the trails will be in great shape on THurs. for you for sure with the cold temps we have forecasted , I may have to take another day off to do paperwork at home ;)

Giddy Up

Iwas up in Kearny last Mon. I took 37 south and north to Sprucedale and to Kearny and all the Trails on the way up were great , seen your groomer club and they were doing a excellant job , What is D-Trail like towards the North Bay area ? All the trails will be in great shape on THurs. for you for sure with the cold temps we have forecasted , I may have to take another day off to do paperwork at home ;)

Hey MM - the Highland Rovers do an excellent job as do the Almaguin SC!!! I haven't been that far north on D yet this year. I heard there was a major detour south of North Bay - and last I heard - snow was thin. Will probably drop into the Edgewater Park Lodge - that's where one of the groomers are kept at Sand Lake and talk to the folks there - they usually are up to date on trail conditions and find out what's up with D. Maybe we'll see you "working at home" on the trails this weekend ;)

nice :wavey:

Awesome looking trails up there MM!!! Don't you just love riding on a Monday 8-) We're heading to Kearney on Thursday - looking forward to some great riding this weekend! cool0012.gif

Hey Giddy up, keep your eyes open for this group of sleds, our group is heading up on Thursday (minus me :cry: ) Edgewater is one of our favourite stops. Say hello if you see them, I am sure they will be the ones drooling over your new sled!

148_8ade8b4453daccaaf572bc291d01ec55

Hey Giddy up, keep your eyes open for this group of sleds, our group is heading up on Thursday (minus me :cry: ) Edgewater is one of our favourite stops. Say hello if you see them, I am sure they will be the ones drooling over your new sled!

Will doo Wannago! Too bad you aren't going to be up there this weekend :( ...with all this fresh new snow and really cold temps this week trails should be the best yet this season!! I'm thinkin - if it's work - CALL IN SICK! If you need a note - I can write one for you ;) LOL. I'll keep my eyes open for your group and definitely say HI :wavey:

Hard to believe some of those cover the same ISLAGIATT trails we were on two weeks ago.

:umno: Those are the trails we "should" have taken Mr. Mouse :banghead: Baysville/Pt. Sydney...I think that's were the other group headed! :wavey::wavey:

Um, Yup. I recognize one we were on. You probably had your eyes closed praying at the time. :P :P

OK....maybe ONE of the trails....and YES....there was a whole bunch of prayin goin on!!! They are in much better condition now!

:wavey:

Will doo Wannago! Too bad you aren't going to be up there this weekend :( ...with all this fresh new snow and really cold temps this week trails should be the best yet this season!! I'm thinkin - if it's work - CALL IN SICK! If you need a note - I can write one for you ;) LOL. I'll keep my eyes open for your group and definitely say HI :wavey:

Well I'll be in Vancouver for the weekend but thanks for the offer of a note! I am so :angry: that I can't be up there this weekend!!

I drove by some trails on the way home tonight , I only seen the trail heads from the road but they are looking good , we had -30 in Muskoka last night , looks like they groomed feeder trails west of Gravenhurst today , Campells landing , Walkers PT. areas and D in Gravenhurst . There is sleds crossing the ice down by the Seguin steamship :(

Sno- Bombers in Bracebridge have also groomed there sections to perfection , I would think all feeder trails and swampy areas will come together fast linking the system together , FYI this cold weather does not mean lakes are good to go , there is to much fluff on top of the ice to let it freeze :crazy:

MM,Just so you know,we have been running Gravenhurst bay from bottom to top for a month now. As long as ya don't drive into the narrows or into a creek mouth, there's plenty of ice and the lake was in excellent condition surface wise last weekend. Nice crust glued to the ice with about 4" of fluf on top. Same with Pine Lake.

Archived