Blue bridge at Hamlet

The Blue Bridge at Hamlet is closed to road traffic for an indefinate period of time.I hope it doesn't

continue into snowmobile season or the connection between Snowcrest 4 and 15 and Orillia 204

will be severed.I put a call into Bruce Stanton's office and gave them my name and phone number

and they said they would call me when there are any updates.If I get any news about it,I will let all

of you know at this site.

Thanks and let us know when (if) you hear anything.

that is bad news if it doesn t open by winter....its a quick trail to north from orillia...is a re route possible if it doesn t open in time

We used to run Orillia-Gravenhurst this way. Nice, twisty trail that brought us onto some swamps before arriving in Gravenhurst. Always felt like we were climbing (elevation). Heck, before North Bay etc, this was my buddy's favourite trail.

I hope we get to use it this winter.

I know John and Bob will probably be talking.

I can give you Bobs(snow crest prez) phone number if you want Barry? :wtf:

just emailed the vice president of ODSC and will find out tomorrow.

No bridge. No trail to orillia, gravenhurst and my connection to Coldwater, midland, port Severn and georgian bay...

we better find another route....most from orillia area head north on that route...

Blake,how good is trail 4 from Sparrow Lake to the Swift Rapids Rd.I realize that using that would have to wait until Sparrow

freezes over but it may be an alternative.

I hope to talk to you and Bob at the sled show.Do you know if Bob is going and which day.

that idea would work.....hope you guys can get that thru....

Are we talking about the blue swing bridge over the Severn river by forest glen

i believe so...know they usually close for 2 yrs at a time....swing brige at western trent golf club was at least that long....

We had a similar situation with the swing bridge in Port Severn for a couple of years. It was closed to traffic as it was unsafe and they left it in the open position to let boats through during the summer months. They closed it during the winter and put the concrete blocks in front on each side blocking traffic. They left a space wide enough to get a sled through for us as it was solid enough for a couple of 500 lb. sleds but not cars and trucks. Once it was swung closed it rested solid on the supports on either side. Perhaps something like that would work for your situation.

Are we talking about the blue swing bridge over the Severn river by forest glen
Yup

Hey there Blake so are you guys going to do a reroute to access trail 4 and 15.

I don't believe there is a safe reroute available. It is still undetermined how long the bridge will be closed. No official word has been given by Parks Canada.

goin on sparrow lk would be ok when froze....just have to go out & around the canal entrance back onto 15...

I was told that it would be temporarily fixed for the winter, then they will fix it in the summer. I was told this by a guy who works for parks canada.

read the same thing in the orillia packet today....thats good news

that's essentially what they did with the swing bridge in Port Severn only it took almost three years for the permanent fix... while in the D7 booth at the show I had a lot of people ask about the bridge and referred them to Snowcrest as they were working on a solution. They will sure be happy to hear the news.

05644952.png

good to see it in print from the source....

Too bad about the weight restriction, though; I guess that means the Yammy crowd is SOL :nana:

Only when we're towing a Ski-doo ( :icon_blah: ).

Great news on the bridge,

Archived