Dubreuilville Trails OPEN

Big Reg

Dubreuilville March 23rd 2011

Danny is grooming the D East and the F trail to Dog Lake tonight.

can you smell ernie's burger...........

tomorrow he will be grooming the D108A to Hornepayne

trail are great. come and visit us to experience the freedom

save the funds for other projects. grooming those trails too flat, will make it hard for the mountain sleds to keep cool and maintain their hyfax. LOL! gotta leave some loose snow for us. not enough traffic to warrant grooming. just burning fuel, and wearing the equipment. :D

see you tonight. got a late start (work).

eric

I just cam back from a trip up there ( Sat thru Wed. ). Everywhere we went in 1500+ miles the trails were great and almost no traffic. Brand new snow from the Kab river to Hawk on Monday night.

Skidooboy is right - anymore grooming is wasting diesel in my mind. Had to put my scratchers down thru Hornepayne after they groomed, else I overheated.

Never made it to Ernies, but I downed a Teddy Bear Burger on Saturday and a BIG Bear yesterday afternoon at Hawk Junction. No disrespect to Ernie, Gary, or any of the other 'best burger' joints up there, but my vote is for the burger in Hawk.

p.s. saw the Volvo high hoe and dozer working on the new trail saturday as they were dropping out of the bush onto the road at about mile marker 11.

damn renegade, you drove right by where i was fishing, and right by chez gaston. you could have hung out with me saturday night in dub. LOL!

maybe next time, glad your trip worked out, i am typing this via air card, on our way back up. the moose antler sheds, trout, and walleye are calling our name. cant wait to get back out there. pics to follow :D

ski

how are you guys complainng about smooth trails. Would you rather them bumpy

damn renegade, you drove right by where i was fishing, and right by chez gaston. you could have hung out with me saturday night in dub. LOL!

maybe next time, glad your trip worked out, i am typing this via air card, on our way back up. the moose antler sheds, trout, and walleye are calling our name. cant wait to get back out there. pics to follow :D

ski

We did Wawa/Hawk/Dub/Horepayne/Hearst Saturday.

Hearst/SRF/abitibi/Timmins Sunday.

Timmins/Kirkland/Virginiatown/Rouyn Noranda/LaSarre Monday

LaSarre/Cochrane/Hearst/Hornepayne/Hillsport Hilton Tuesday

Hillport/Hornepayne/Dub/Hawk/Wawa Wednesday

Drove Home to near Green Bay Wed PM.

I'm sure I criss-crossed a few other O.C.'ers somewhere along the way. Stoppped at the store in Dub looking for Luc Saturday, but he wasn't there - only a lady who knew as little english as I know french. ( I will assume that was NOT Luc's GF unless he's into geriatric gals )

On another positive note, my '05 with 27,000+ miles made it for one more trip without stranding me.

renegade, be careful what you say... that was probably Luc's mother. LOL!

rushrider, we are not complaining, we are offering a suggestion to save on man power and fuel costs. the trails were not bad at all. i rode them saturday and sunday, there's no one here to enjoy a flat trail, it really not warranted. monday they rec'd about 3-5" of heavy wet snow. that on top of a great flat base that they had, would still be a great trail. mostly i was giving reg crap. LOL!

we have mountain sleds and dont do "alot" of trail riding. we ride the trails to help us get to bush roads we want to explore. when they get groomed and set up (it was -5 faranheight this am), it is harder on our taller lug tracks, and heat exchangers, due to the fact there is very few people (mostly local fisherman) using this areas trails at this time so, there wont be a bunch of people cutting up the trail, so we can have some "fluff" to help with cooling and hyfax. we have scratchers but, they only help so much.

but, i do understand the club, grooming the local loops for the locals, to give back to the community, and try to help persuede those that do not buy permits, to think about it, if they have smooth trails late season to their camps and fishing spots. it is a positive image they are giving to the community, that they groom for the local people and not just the travleing tourists.

stay tuned, we will post some pics hopefully of moose sheds, fish, great food (mmmmmmmm, ernie's), great friends, great trails, and an awesome community and region. ski

We did Wawa/Hawk/Dub/Horepayne/Hearst Saturday.

Hearst/SRF/abitibi/Timmins Sunday.

Timmins/Kirkland/Virginiatown/Rouyn Noranda/LaSarre Monday

LaSarre/Cochrane/Hearst/Hornepayne/Hillsport Hilton Tuesday

Hillport/Hornepayne/Dub/Hawk/Wawa Wednesday

Drove Home to near Green Bay Wed PM.

I'm sure I criss-crossed a few other O.C.'ers somewhere along the way. Stoppped at the store in Dub looking for Luc Saturday, but he wasn't there - only a lady who knew as little english as I know french. ( I will assume that was NOT Luc's GF unless he's into geriatric gals )

On another positive note, my '05 with 27,000+ miles made it for one more trip without stranding me.

700ren,

Glad the weather blessed us all last week! We went up to Wawa Wednesday night the 16th. It started to spit rain Thursday morning and we decided to trailer to Dubreuilville and jump out in front of the rain. We got on our way and after checking out the new bypass they are building on the D108. Stayed dry all the way to Hornepayne and had lunch at Uncle's (which does not serve any beer as I thought and was debated on thread). Starting west to Hillsport it did start to rain and then freezing rain and then SNOW! It snowed all night and we saw 8" to 12" of fresh all the way to Longlac and on top of a perfectly groomed trail!

Great Trails all the way west and back down to Dub and over to Ernie's on the F trail east. Stopped and talked to Big Reg and Luc at his store last Saturday. Reg, thanks for calling Ernie to make sure we would get our burgers!

We got over 700 miles of the best riding of this year. Another poor season start, so now I wish I had saved my trips for later. Over 4700 miles this year which is much better than last.

With the new snow this week it is hard to stay home, but I have to get back to my job!

Take Care!

the wife, my friend danny (big reg's son), and myself had the trails all to oursleves friday afternoon. the fresh groom, made the awesome trails, the ultimate trails. like jonesy said, this is the time when no one is here, because they need to ride so early to scratch the itch, and choose to ride much too early.

the absolute best times up here are the first 3 weeks of march. the weather and temps are more reasonable, you are at the height of the snow fall, the groomers have had alot of time to brush, sign, and top up the trails to cover everything, making the trails absolutly amazing. the big bonus, NO ONE IS HERE. you have the place to yourself, no traffic, lots of great snow to travel ANYWHERE.

we fished last night, i caught our first fish, a 20" whitefish. danny caught the next one, a 16 1/2" walleye. and then my wife caught the last and biggest of the day, a walleye just shy of 18". the sunset, then the stars were absolutely AMAZING! the ride in was cold at near zero faranheight. but, it was only a 30 minute ride back to the warmth of chez gaston.

going to do it all over today. the sun is bright already, going to be another stellar day in northern ontario. i love this place!

ski

post-19738-0-34124300-1301149096_thumb.j

post-19738-0-22760900-1301149137_thumb.j

post-19738-0-46714000-1301149201_thumb.j

post-19738-0-42417200-1301149265_thumb.j

post-19738-0-04465800-1301149322_thumb.j

Hornepayne and had lunch at Uncle's (which does not serve any beer as I thought and was debated on thread).

wierd, they must switch from time to time (maybe depending on server or supply), as I had a beer there for lunch early Feb.

ski

Have a great weekend looks like the weather is perfect ,fishing is good , :woot:

wish I lived closer to make it up there more times in the winter.

will be checking for more pics from today

have fun :-D

zrtkat

sorry for the delay in the updates. saturday was a lazy day. we slept in, opted not to ride or fish in the morning. headed our for trout fishing in the early afternoon, no luck. went to our walleye hotspot, no luck. so.... there's the best excuse for no update from saturday.

sunday however was a very different story. we got up early, made plans with Nicole, and Alain the owners and operators or Chez Gaston B&B that we frequent. lynne and i were to head out for some on and offtrail riding, and then later toward evening we were to meet nicole and alain at the walleye hotspot.

suprizingly to lynne and myself the oftrail had some pretty decent depth snow to be found. some areas that were shaded were soft enough to carve and sidehill alittle (not much, but still fun). we decided to head over to one of our favorite late season riding haunts to look for new areas to get into, and look for moose sheds. well, the snow didnt dissapoint and neither did the moose.

we first hit one of our older offtrail loops, and had lunch in front of a frozen waterfall. then onto what we call "antler alley" we have found more antlers in this one area then all of the areas we ride combined. i could take you there but..... you get the picture. LOL! :D

when we do this exploring, and antler hunting thing.... it is not just if you will find them but, when you will find them. so we take turns out front to give everyone a shot and finding one. when you find one, you go to the rear of the line. LOL! letting another person have the next shot. when it is just the wife, and myself... it is kinda easy in the who's out front deal because, it is just the two of us, not a gaggle of people to swap the leads with.

Lynne found the first ones, an actual complete set laying next to each other, that were absolutely giant. then it was my turn. about 2-3 miles later, i found a decent sized side, that was actually upside down, and just the base was sticking out like a huge morrel mushroom. i saw it from about a quarter mile away. this makes a total of 11 of these for lynne and i, and 15-16 for our group total. i have a friend outwest that makes tables, and hanging lamps out of them. i am going to have to give him a few to get started on our stuff we want to make out of them.

we finished up the riding, and headed back to the sleigh and fishing gear we stashed earlier in the day. then we went out to the walleye hotspot, where Alain and Nicole met us. i broke off (no leader) on a pike. then caught another pike on a different tip up later. and that was it. no walleye, no whitefish no nothin. LOL! but, we had a pair of bald eagles fly over just before another spectacular sunset. and when the stars came out, it was another amazing northern canadian nightfalls. more stars than you can imagine. it was like being in a planetarium.

we returned to dubreuilville, had an awesome dinner with nicole and alain. then retired for the night with dreams of the last 3 days of fantastic sunny weather, great friends, more memories, and a little sadness knowing we are near the end of the season.

we do have one more weekend getaway planned for april 8-10th, which is the last weekend before the walleye closure.

if you have the means, get up there this week or this weekend. the trails are top shape. the local regions could use the influx of late season cash. and you deserve one more trip up.

enjoy the pics. ski

post-19738-0-08447500-1301365958_thumb.j

post-19738-0-07594900-1301366061_thumb.j

post-19738-0-50977500-1301366134_thumb.j

post-19738-0-52501600-1301366180_thumb.j

post-19738-0-76959700-1301366312_thumb.j

post-19738-0-24698200-1301366390_thumb.j

post-19738-0-52414900-1301366428_thumb.j

post-19738-0-85547800-1301366468_thumb.j

post-19738-0-53776400-1301366547_thumb.j

post-19738-0-92597300-1301366601_thumb.j

Archived