Hummer on the trail

claudie

Yes...Seen it done, guy that worked the line at my last company got ticketed about 6 years ago.

I passed him one Sunday afternoon stuck on the main trail with his Jeep about 500 feet down the trail. He had no idea it was me when I went by him as I was all geared up. When I got to the next side road there was an OPP and a local towing company that specializes in off road recovery waiting for him. Gave the tow truck driver a ride down the trail with his cable so he wouldn’t have to walk in the snow. Heard everyone talking about it a few days later at work, cost him $750 for the tow and $1500 in fines. OPP must have been a sledder because he hit him with everything from trespassing, to unsafe operation of a motor vehicle. The guy went to court and the judge (who must sled too) upheld all the fines.

Nice!!!! Love it when the law comes together lol Good job.

Had to break a cardinal sledder rule today.

I drove a company trunk half a mile on a groomed trail to get to a down cell site. The trail in question runs on a company owned access road which we allow the local club to use as groomed trail in the winter but ..... today all cell service was down and the only way to fix was to drive half a mile of trail to get there. and no walking in was not an option with 500 pounds plus of tools and spare gear. I was accosted by a local sledder who by the way didnt even have a valid reg tag on his led never mind an ofsc permit on his sled. Long story short after defending myself from a physical attack he called the OPP and wanted me charged cause he is a local club member blah blah. when I reached the main road the officer was waiting. He saw the company truck and my ID and I pointed out to him that the local club may not get permission next year to use our access road. Long story short I had to climb a 300 foot tower to replace a vital piece of equipment in the middle of no where so guys like this frigtard could call 911 if they drunk crashed their sled and I get this kind of grief.

So heated right now I wanna pull the plug on the club in question and make them spend next year finding a trail thru 3 miles of bottemless swamp. :angry-smiley-005:

I drove a company trunk half a mile on a groomed trail to get to a down cell site. The trail in question runs on a company owned access road which we allow the local club to use as groomed trail in the winter but ..... today all cell service was down and the only way to fix was to drive half a mile of trail to get there. and no walking in was not an option with 500 pounds plus of tools and spare gear. I was accosted by a local sledder who by the way didnt even have a valid reg tag on his led never mind an ofsc permit on his sled. Long story short after defending myself from a physical attack he called the OPP and wanted me charged cause he is a local club member blah blah. when I reached the main road the officer was waiting. He saw the company truck and my ID and I pointed out to him that the local club may not get permission next year to use our access road. Long story short I had to climb a 300 foot tower to replace a vital piece of equipment in the middle of no where so guys like this frigtard could call 911 if they drunk crashed their sled and I get this kind of grief.

So heated right now I wanna pull the plug on the club in question and make them spend next year finding a trail thru 3 miles of bottemless swamp. :angry-smiley-005:

I'll bet that more trail gets yanked because of self-rightous idiots like that than people would like to believe. :banghead::headbang::icon_doh: Count to ten, talk to the club executive about said moron, and move on. I had some self rightous idiot do the same thing to me in a company truck on a public road, after I had bent over backwards to stickhandle the club through some tricky Work Permit issues. The club executive gave the idiot a severe dressing down. I even got a written apology from the clown.

BP

MAybe the O,P,P got the fellows name and could be the medator and kindly explain the possible reprocutions of his actions might cause to closure of the trail. Then next time he woun't be so quick to spout off and gather all the facts first. I hope for the sake of the club that "f@#%tard" doesn't wreck it for everyone else.

I guess what I'm trying to say is please have some sympathy for the stupid. They realy can't help it!There are no legal cures.

Did the OPP happen to challenge the fool for not having a trail permit or regsitration sticker? While it is not ideal for sledders to have a truck on the trail they have to realize most of the land we ride on belongs to someone else.

At the show last fall I had a landowner relate something similar to me. He has a 150 acre farm that he lets the local club run around the outside of. He was out in his tractor with a trailer fixing some of his fencing on HIS property when some idiot started to give him grief about having a tractor on their trail.

Sometimes all it takes is a bit of common sense. If you stop and think before you start to rag on someone. What could be the only possible reason someone would be out fixing fence on a piece of property. Duh... it's their property.

The non licensed sled rider had taken off by the time I got back to the main road where the OPP were waiting. I figure he must live close by so had gone home and called them from there

The non licensed sled rider had taken off by the time I got back to the main road where the OPP were waiting. I figure he must live close by so had gone home and called them from there

Because he would not have had cell service, right? :rotflmao:

Hmmm, the only company in Dryden with Remote RUs would be Rogers at this time..... :poke2:

Hmmm, the only company in Dryden with Remote RUs would be Rogers at this time..... :poke2:

Actually, I think it's TbayTel. They took over Rogers' customers & infrastructure up here about 6 mos. ago.

I hate cell service between Wawa and Kenora :soapbox::banghead:

I had Bell the 1st times I did that route and pissed at the service now this yr I have Rogers and the service still sucks but just where the Bell would work

Archived