having a hard time finding a 3 day trail pass

calzmachz

Hey all, I hope someone can help me out. I'm trying to get two 3 day trail passes possibly for this weekend with no luck.

I've tried Quinns, Leatherdales, Canadian Tire in Orillia, and a place called Highway Mann Inn.

I'm also going to try the ODSC to see if they have any.

Thanks for all your help!

Hey all, I hope someone can help me out. I'm trying to get two 3 day trail passes possibly for this weekend with no luck.

I've tried Quinns, Leatherdales, Canadian Tire in Orillia, and a place called Highway Mann Inn.

you may want to try Royal distributing in Barrie. Hey the seasons not over yet you may want to buy the full permit. Northern riding opportunities will hold up much better during this mild spell. Night time temps are going to be quite cold

you may want to try Royal distributing in Barrie. Hey the seasons not over yet you may want to buy the full permit. Northern riding opportunities will hold up much better during this mild spell. Night time temps are going to be quite cold

Or go to Snocrest in Gravenhurst right down town at the MTO licence office. See their website.

for this weekend,around here,,,,,whoa the horses,,,,, :wtf::wtf:

You have a PM

Did we screw up on the availability of permits somewhere this year. I read here about people trying to buy a 3 or 7 day permit without any luck. Interestingly I ran across a couple of guys at Maple Valley in Penetang on Sunday. They approached me asking if I knew where they could get a 3 or 7 day permit. They had tried Factory Rec who didn't have any as well as a couple of other places. They hadn't ridden Saturday because of that and this was going to be their only weekend of the season. They spent most of Saturday trying to find permits. They had decided to take their chances on Sunday. They were not on the trail at the time and wanted to know if I could sell them one of the short term permits which I couldn't. I did call a couple of the local spots and they confirmed they didn't have any of the short term permits.

I know the Amco in Port Severn has them and referred them there. That would be about a 30 minute drive from Penetang by car.

We need everyone to buy a permit but if we make it too hard for them to do so we only encourage them to abuse the system. It seems a lot of the sellers also close at 3:00 on a Saturday.

I know the interactive trail map is gowing through growing pains but perhaps a future enhancement would be to show the location of permit sellers.

Did we screw up on the availability of permits somewhere this year.

I don't think there was any change this year. "Typically" only full season permits are available at permit sellers and permits like 3 day, 7 day, and classic permits are typically only available at club/district offices.

Barrie encouraged clubs to only purchase the permits they need and not over order as many have in the past. With the pts if you input the permits like you are suppose to the district will issue more permits whan you run low.

As for 3&7 day passes call Delta in Forest @ 519-786-5335, ask for Joe, he has them.

While some locations seem to have the 3 and 7 day permits others it seems have sold out of these permits. When the clubs and the OFSC require that sledders have a trail permit and they are simply not reasonably available in all areas the clubs and OFSC are being negligent in their diligence and letting their customers down. While it is the responsibility of the sledder to have a permit it is similarly the responsibility of the clubs to have them reasonably available at their permit sellers. A sledder who rides infrequently to the level that they would be looking for either a 7 or 3 day permit would not want to spend all of that first day traveling additional hours in search of a permit and perhaps never find one.

Perhaps with the spotty snow this year the numbers of these permit sales has been greater than in the past. That however isn't an excuse for the clubs to not have them available. We promote buy where you ride. You should be able to.

While some locations seem to have the 3 and 7 day permits others it seems have sold out of these permits. When the clubs and the OFSC require that sledders have a trail permit and they are simply not reasonably available in all areas the clubs and OFSC are being negligent in their diligence and letting their customers down. While it is the responsibility of the sledder to have a permit it is similarly the responsibility of the clubs to have them reasonably available at their permit sellers. A sledder who rides infrequently to the level that they would be looking for either a 7 or 3 day permit would not want to spend all of that first day traveling additional hours in search of a permit and perhaps never find one.

Perhaps with the spotty snow this year the numbers of these permit sales has been greater than in the past. That however isn't an excuse for the clubs to not have them available. We promote buy where you ride. You should be able to.

Perhaps due diligence on your part should be to check out where they are sold before the day you require it. Not all sellers carry them. They are a pain in the a--- for every body concerned.

Printable permits, I tell ya. ;)

Been wishing this for years. Log on at my convenience and buy and permit; what a dream.

Archived