IS THIS IT??

Turbo Doo

Well guys, what do you think? Is this going to be it for riding around here for this season or what?

Ye of little faith! The fat lady hasn't even started warming up yet!

I still have faith.. We need a big snowstorm and fast.. I just pray that the entire province doesn't get washed out at the same time (again)....

Click Here for the 15 day forecast for Kitchener (Accuweather)..

and

Click Here for the 15 day forecast for Huntsville..

Not looking very good at this point :(

No kidding, my first season of riding and here we go. Come on big march storm, we need you...HAHAH!

What made me start this post, was i was going to ask who was riding today. Seen a truck and trailer parked at Baltaz gas station..YAH..What are you thinking..

What made me start this post, was i was going to ask who was riding today. Seen a truck and trailer parked at Baltaz gas station..YAH..What are you thinking..

His tires should be flattened on his truck and trailer. Are the New Dundee trails even open today?

I woke up to some heavy snow damage this morning :(... I imagine the trails would have been mush..

Warwick trails aren't holding up to bad. we are running both groomers right now in hopes we can save the base........if the weather is wrong. So far, it is taking longer to warm up to what they anticipated. I was out tonight and there is allot of base out there, we can only hope at this point.

Ya the trip home from work last night was a sad thing to see. A lot of dirt starting to show in the fields. The snowbank in my front yard has dropped a good 10cm or more.

TWN is saying up to 10cm for us in the east as well on Monday but the POP is only 10%. How do you call for 10cms with a POP of 10%....

I do believe after this weekend we will be done. It was the earliest and one of the best seasons in many years, so cant really complain. All we can hope for is another freeze up after this mild week and more snow next week.

IMO we will still get a few Colorado Lows in March.. Fingers crossed....

For sure only had one this year..

If we lose the base it wont matter

Did we ever get a base this year? A good base comes from early snow followed by some warm weather to soften it up. Than a good cold snap to freeze it. I think it just snowed and snowed this year.

But I'm thinking there will be a lot of red on the trail guide come Friday morning...

I would agree that there was very little base. It was so promising to see the frost hit the ground and the lakes start to thicken without a ton of snow to insulate them. The early start was a facade. The typical thaw came around New Years for many central Ontario areas and in my area (Haliburton), the trails took forever to recover. That area never saw a good storm or snowfall all year! Just several days of an inch or two or so as the Winter progressed. Right now there is just about a foot of snow, a little more depending where you are in Haliburton. The trails are very thin with lots of rock showing and chewed up corners.Enough rain and warm temperatures and it will be in a holding pattern or maybe done! Ten days of partially open trails in December, followed by two full weeks in January and what we have in February. That spells a really dismal year. One of the worst in years for cottage country! Ahh to remember the Winter of 08~

And one of the best seasons in many years in the south. Talked to some riders from near Sudbury a couple weeks ago on the trails near Blyth. They drove over 5 hours south to ride for the week. Whats wrong with that picture?

And one of the best seasons in many years in the south. Talked to some riders from near Sudbury a couple weeks ago on the trails near Blyth. They drove over 5 hours south to ride for the week. Whats wrong with that picture?

Hopefully our 2 foot base can hold until next week, when they are calling for another foot. Wooo Hooo It aint over yet :-)

Winter of 08 was great, 09 wasn't bad, 10 sucked and 11 for myself in the south east was as good as 08 was, until this week. The Prince Edward County trails where open early this year and have only showed Yellow they where teh best I've ever seen. I think they keep them Yellow so the outsiders don't trailer in and mess them up on us :)

But ya I think we are done if the weather doesn't flip back to winter (that means snow) by the end of the month. Which is only 10 days away.

Nothing! :right_on:

Warmth This Week to Challenge 100-Year-Old Records

The big warm-up sweeping the eastern two-thirds of the country this week will reach its peak today through Friday, depending on location.

In some places, temperatures will challenge records that go back more than 100 years. Records were already broken Tuesday in parts of Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, Texas and Nevada.

As the warmth spreads north and eastward from the Southwest and Gulf Coast region, highs in the 70s are forecast all the way north into parts of Kansas, Arkansas, the Carolinas, Virginia and Maryland.

Some areas of Texas have already been warming into the 80s this week, and soon portions of Florida will join them

300x200_02151902_215eastwarmest.jpg

Did we ever get a base this year? A good base comes from early snow followed by some warm weather to soften it up. Than a good cold snap to freeze it. I think it just snowed and snowed this year.

But I'm thinking there will be a lot of red on the trail guide come Friday morning...

we have a good base here.......15"+ the trails are holding up, I wish they where closed,but I haven't seen anybody out so that is good. If we don't get much rain we may be able to save them. Just depends on the weather next week.

Archived