Special Sledding Accomadations opportunity

Domino

A good friend has made the following available. The price is a steal.

Studio (2 Available @ $100 per week or $400 for 2 Studios for 2 weeks)

The Studio unit offers one queen bed and one sofa bed. Includes a kitchenette, full bathroom and eating area.

Occupancy : Sleep 4

Arrive January 22nd and leave February 5th or anytime in between.

The website is Haliburton Heights

You can take one or both. Use them for the extended weekend in the middle or stay for both, whatever you would like. Units will only be provided to responsible sledders that will take care of the unit. I have stayed in these units and they are very nice. Located @ Wigamog on the trail. Lake Kashahawigamog is 100 feet away

Map of location

More info:

This four season resort is perfectly situated in the midst of Ontario’s Haliburton Highlands, and is home to an incredible variety of leisure experiences.

Guests at Haliburton Heights enjoy access to a safe OFSC trail on the lake, hiking, cross-country ski trails and much more. Nearby, you can enjoy downhill skiing, dogsledding, holistic health and spa treatments.

Treat yourself to a romantic meal at a nearby restaurant, or enjoy the convenience of your own kitchen facilities in your fully furnished studio villa. Enjoy a nightcap or simply the company of new and old friends in the comfort of your own condo. Virtually every activity, experience and pleasure you can imagine is waiting for you and your family at GeoHoliday’s Haliburton Heights!

If you are interested, PM me and I will put you in contact.

Sounds like a great opportunity.

Heck, I'd have fun climbing that hill out front (oh yeah .. you're looking for responsible guests :mellow: ).

(as if the Apex is a hill climber :rotflmao: )

Looks like they are both spoken for, awaiting confirmation.

Units will only be provided to responsible sledders that will take care of the unit.
GeoHoliday’s Haliburton Heights

I wasn't aware that Wigamog had re-opened. Is the place open to the general public or is it now a time share/fractional ownership operation?

I'll try to contact them and see what I get back for a reply. I'll update my accommodations list w/ the changes duly noted.

I wasn't aware that Wigamog had re-opened. Is the place open to the general public or is it now a time share/fractional ownership operation?

I'll try to contact them and see what I get back for a reply. I'll update my accommodations list w/ the cahnges duly noted.

When I was up there Wigamog looked closed. I think they just administrate the time share units.

Great location from here. The lake is only 100 feet away ( I can see some one getting wet already) Only safe to go straight across and over away from wigmog inn. Other-way you will end up in the channel that never freezes. The lake is normally staked on a slight angle directly across from the wigmog in. They just need snow now, since I can still see the grass in town. :-(. Better get snow soon.

Great location from here. The lake is only 100 feet away ( I can see some one getting wet already) Only safe to go straight across and over away from wigmog inn. Other-way you will end up in the channel that never freezes. The lake is normally staked on a slight angle directly across from the wigmog in. They just need snow now, since I can still see the grass in town. :-(. Better get snow soon.

Hey Steve.. Are you back into snowmobiling this year? I miss riding around locally :(

Are you still waiting for affirmation?

It is still available, The dates did not work for the potential person.

There is one week left.Jan 29 to Feb 5.

When I was up there Wigamog looked closed. I think they just administrate the time share units.

Wig a Mog was closed since last Winter. It has been recently sold to a European consortium that owns and operates thousands of resorts around the world. Apparently they are renovating and will re open in the Spring.

Wig a Mog was closed since last Winter. It has been recently sold to a European consortium that owns and operates thousands of resorts around the world. Apparently they are renovating and will re open in the Spring.

I checked the website & "membership" is involved. Doesn't sound like you can phone up for reservations or ride in & get a room. I've taken it off my accommodations list.

I checked the website & "membership" is involved. Doesn't sound like you can phone up for reservations or ride in & get a room. I've taken it off my accommodations list.

I am not too sure how the new operation is going to work. I am wondering if the "membership" is for the units in behind the main complex? I am pretty sure that the general rooms and such aare not under a membership program..but I might be wrong, as it is under new management. Those units at the rear of the lodge are owned privately, or at least some are.

I would not be surprised if that was how the whole place is going. The fractional ownership in cottage property has exploded somewhat in that specific area of Haliburton. Kashagawigamog has for sure risen in real estate value! "Shake It" might know better than I.

• 3 weeks later...

Last I knew still a week left, Jan 29-feb5.... Any takers??

Archived