Sledd'in trip is booked

Mr Fixit

Hey guys and gals,

Watching ZRTCAT's trip on the forum has got the blood rushing to get sledd'in (despite the lack of snow down here)

A group of 4 (myself, Catapult, Chewy and another friend not reg. YET) will be heading out of Sault Sainte Marie on Friday, Feb 15th heading for Wawa. We will actually arrive in the Soo Thursday afternoon and head over to Goulais Bay for the rest of the day.

We'll stay in Wawa for one night, head to D-ville (hoping to meet up with Reg or Luc) and head to Ernie's for a burger. From there we'll head over to Chapleau for the night.

The next day we'll head back to the Soo via F trail and D108 - D and stay one more night before the 380 mile trek home.

If anyone knows of any nice spots to stop or things to see please respond as we have left lots of time to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak.

Hoping to meet up with more than a few people from OC.com and this time I'll remember to take lots of Pics to post when we get back.

:carsled: :woot::woot::woot:

Sounds like a good trip! You'll love riding that area!

:twisted:

On your way north up the D, whe you git to the Montreal River bridge aboot 125 klick outta Searchmont, turn around and go back acrost the bridge and up the hill. Now turn left and go a cpl hundred meters to where you see sleds have turned around and walk down that walkway through the bush towrds the NW.

Mr Fixit have a great trip :D the weather looks good for you on your trip will be looking forward to your pics and reports.

zrtkat

a about 8 miles before you get to wawa we have a new scenic lookout that over looks lake superior and also our groomer garage, we call it dicey mountain lookout, about 5 miles or so after you do a 90 degree turn to stay on d trail at the intersection of trail 5 you will cross a plowed road (high falls rd) maybe a mile or less after that you will go under a power line and there will be a groomed trail to the right up the hill, its only about 150yds up there and probably the most scenic view you will have on your trip.

Oh also be sure to stop in at jones power sports :) a few miles after that

Have a great trip.

Looks like a great route.

Sounds Like a Nice trip guys, I hope you guys stop in and say Hi at the Store, i'm there from 12 to 5, Sometimes early, If you see a big Whte truck, I'm there.

Hey GG, I think we'll have breakfast in D-ville on Sat morning. We will be riding up from Wawa. Look for a Red Jaguar, Black ZR, black XC700, a Black Jag and a yellow 800 XP.

Hope to see you then.

:D

Archived