Cold Winter Heading our Way

Canuck

CTV is suggesting that Canada will have a longer, colder winter this year. Very general, without an Ontario focus, but encouraging nonetheless.

(p.s.) Warm Fall with spectacular fall colours in late September forecast for Ontario

http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/home/winter_will_be_colder_longer_than_last_year/9ae1170b

Very warm summer with very warm waters. Slightly warmer than average fall. = Take a while for the lakes to freeze up. Particularly the great lakes and for me Georgian Bay. = Lake effect snow. Hopefully we can get some frost in the ground before we get the big dumps of snow.

Very warm summer with very warm waters. Slightly warmer than average fall. = Take a while for the lakes to freeze up. Particularly the great lakes and for me Georgian Bay. = Lake effect snow. Hopefully we can get some frost in the ground before we get the big dumps of snow.

Lake Ontario has been getting cold quickly!!! Burrrrrrrrr!! :-D

Spent some time in the Midland area yesterday. Leaves are still green.

As for lakes staying warm - I'll never forget speaking to a local years ago, when Georgian Bay froze fast. He said that there'd be no moisture to draw from, and we'd have little snow. Didn't go sledding until Groundhog Day that year.

Lake Ontario has been getting cold quickly!!! Burrrrrrrrr!! :-D

You're not swimming, are you? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUNNKzj_Nc

SHRINKAGE!!!! LIKE A FIRGHTENED TURTLE

:woot::woot::woot: The leaves are falling fast!! :woot::woot::woot:

wootSMILEY.gifwootSMILEY.gifwootSMILEY.gif The leaves are falling fast!! wootSMILEY.gifwootSMILEY.gifwootSMILEY.gif

And turning colour, too !!

I hope we have a few dry weeks - these swamps around here are overflowing. You'll need an outboard motor on your drag Blake to get up through Trail 4 ! blink.gif

Snowball fight anyone?

Archived