2006 GTX 500SS

SkiDooStu

Just wondering if anyone has owned one of these sleds? I sold my 1999 MXZ and picked one up. I like that I can take my wife out on the back but that I can also remove the back seat. Also, it came with a tour buddy and has a luggage rack which is great for when I park at the service station and sled into the cottage.

Any input on this sled would be appreciated!

-Stu

Just wondering if anyone has owned one of these sleds? I sold my 1999 MXZ and picked one up. I like that I can take my wife out on the back but that I can also remove the back seat. Also, it came with a tour buddy and has a luggage rack which is great for when I park at the service station and sled into the cottage.

-Stu

Bulletproof motor once you fatten up the jetting. I think LEP can help you out with the exact jet sizing.

Enjoy!

What UTS said...believe STG had one blow up on him, so maybe he'll chime in as well. Generally trouble has resulted from manufacturers trying for a better overall gas mileage fleet reading at what turns out to be customer's expense.

Currently looking out for a 'fan' myself....see how things go.

What UTS said...believe STG had one blow up on him, so maybe he'll chime in as well. Generally trouble has resulted from manufacturers trying for a better overall gas mileage fleet reading at what turns out to be customer's expense.

Currently looking out for a 'fan' myself....see how things go.

I did and it did. But it was an '08 - I'm not sure what year they started messing around with the jets. I had an '05 500SS and was so pleased with it that I didn't hesitate to buy the '08.

Where's Lep ?

-Stu

Great sled,as for the motor check your main jets,they came with 360's they were a little on the lean IMO step them up to 380's and while your at it shim your needles 20 thou also.The 500ss/////600cc is a great motor and the sled your inquiring about is a great sled.Goodluck.

Nice thanks for the help. I read that they didn't have the jetting problem until 2007 and it was a needle shim problem rather than the main jet...

Coming from a guy who went through a ski-doo lean condition problem :rolleyes: ,

I would double check that. I am pretty sure it was from 05 on.

Nice thanks for the help. I read that they didn't have the jetting problem until 2007 and it was a needle shim problem rather than the main jet...

Coming from a guy who went through a ski-doo lean condition problem :rolleyes: ,

I would double check that. I am pretty sure it was from 05 on.

:right_on:

If it were mine etc I would be stepping up your mains just saying. :wavey:

If it were mine etc I would be stepping up your mains just saying. :wavey:

x2 I would too !

My 06 had the problem...... TWICE!!! :headbang:

• 2 weeks later...

Could be late to the show, but I have an 04 right now and love it, and it will pull 100mph on the lakes with the right snow pack. Have the GPS track to prove it :right_on:

• 1 month later...

I finally picked it up... this thing is bad ass! came with a tour buddy, cover and touring backpack!

the dealer said he hasn't heard of any leaning problems on this model... i'll be keeping an eye on the plugs especially on the first ride at all rpm ranges.

they let me drive the spyder too. that was pretty cool.

I finally picked it up... this thing is bad ass! came with a tour buddy, cover and touring backpack!

the dealer said he hasn't heard of any leaning problems on this model... i'll be keeping an eye on the plugs especially on the first ride at all rpm ranges.

they let me drive the spyder too. that was pretty cool.

Please make the adjustments rather than simply keeping an eye on the plugs. Otherwise you might end up looking too late. Did he warranty that claim of his? Why lose a couple of weekends of riding and $$ for a rebuild when you can make those adjustments before the snow is even on the ground.

Archived