Gas Klotz lake to Hearst

KTMDave

trail does not go into calstock, must ride road into fuel pumps off from hwy 11. (think it is 4 kms). ski

Someone posted here a while back that they checked & gas isn't available @ Eagle's Earth.

Rode from Hearst to Longlac last Monday. There is gas at Calstock, 5 km. up the road from the trail.

there was no gas at Eagles Earth so you need to be able to make it from Calstock to Klotz Lake.

You need to really watch for the trail into Klotz Lake as last week they hadn't put up their sandwich board at the main trail yet.

There is one long sweet stretch of groomed road trail between Klotz & Longlac.

The road edge up to Calstock was pretty thin. Managed to keep ski's on snow most of the time but it was a pretty mild day.

From Mooseland to Klotz was very good. It had been groomed a few days before & they told us at Klotz that we were the first to come all the way on the trail. There was one creek crossing that was open & the first 2 sleds made it across, then we found just down the creek where a sled had crossed sometime before. The other 2 sleds followed the track across slowly & the ice held.

It is a great trail and worth the trip, especially the wide groomed summer road between Klotz & Longlac which I think was about 20-25 km. long.

I have heard that gas is not available at Eagle's Earth. We did the trip last year and are scheduled to run it again at the end of this month. Skidooboy is right gas is avaialble 4km down the road in Calstock. Can't miss the sign beside the highway for the turn to get into Calstock. As I recall it is 110 miles from Calstock to Klotz Lake then about 30 more miles to Longlac. Klotz Lake is a great place to stay, food is great and they will have your favorite beverage ready for you. If you plan on doing the trip be sure to call Toni at Klotz to let them know your plans so know you're on you way.

Archived