600 or 1200

SlowTouringGuy

It looks like we'll have a 1200 X in our garage next winter. Mr. Evil ordered his yesterday. He tried the 800 E-tec this year and loved it but he's not sure the 800 is going to hold up so he went with reliability.

Evil

I've heard that 800 is an awesome motor. (like I need one for the SlowTour icon_e_biggrin.gif ).

Congrats on the new 1200 acquisition Mr. Evil.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like we'll have a 1200 X in our garage next winter. Mr. Evil ordered his yesterday. He tried the 800 E-tec this year and loved it but he's not sure the 800 is going to hold up so he went with reliability.

Evil

NOW he goes with reliability...... :poke:

Evil

Well, I'd think putting 14000 miles on a 2 stroke is pretty reliabe!

I think he's just getting older!

Evil

Well, I'd think putting 14000 miles on a 2 stroke is pretty reliabe!

I think he's just getting older!

Lots of young guys riding 1200s :right_on:

So STG did you make up you mind is it a 600 or 1200 were all wanting to know :)

friend just bought the 800,brp added a 850 credit this last week,,,,Cat extended their sales in Canada till the 28th and more money off,tempting,but will ride the 10 another yr,,,,besides no colour choice to my likeing,,,

I bought a 2010 1200 GSX SE and the Wife got a 2010 600Etec GSX LE. We put close to 3,000 klms on this winter and I gotta say they are two of the best sleds i've ever owned. Zero problems, except for 2 minor recalls on the 1200. The torque on the 1200 is crazy at any speed and hits 100 mph before you can yell Holy Sh#t, but top end goes to the 600 Etec. To me the 1200 felt heavier (because it is) but also had a smoother ride, do to the longer track and the air ride suspension. I think I would be less tired at the end of the day on the 600 Etec, but I would have a bigger smile on the 1200 4tec. Gas mileage is close to 20% better on the Etec compared to the 1200 but the 1200 is still nearly twice as good as anything else I've owned. The only thing I didn't like were the skis, they dart very badly, even after multiple adjustments. I don't think you can go wrong with either sled but for me the 1200 just fits perfectly.

Chucke

I bought a 2010 1200 GSX SE and the Wife got a 2010 600Etec GSX LE. We put close to 3,000 klms on this winter and I gotta say they are two of the best sleds i've ever owned. Zero problems, except for 2 minor recalls on the 1200. The torque on the 1200 is crazy at any speed and hits 100 mph before you can yell Holy Sh#t, but top end goes to the 600 Etec. To me the 1200 felt heavier (because it is) but also had a smoother ride, do to the longer track and the air ride suspension. I think I would be less tired at the end of the day on the 600 Etec, but I would have a bigger smile on the 1200 4tec. Gas mileage is close to 20% better on the Etec compared to the 1200 but the 1200 is still nearly twice as good as anything else I've owned. The only thing I didn't like were the skis, they dart very badly, even after multiple adjustments. I don't think you can go wrong with either sled but for me the 1200 just fits perfectly.

Chucke

Chucke did you move the stock 4 inch carbide to the outside and add like a 6 inch in the middle as Ski-Doo only installs one set from the factory , could help your darting .

I used Slydog Skis to replace the pilots, thye completely stopped the dart of the pilots. - Bill

Hey Bill what you running for a carbide set up on those skies ? I'm unstudded 1200x shorty .

Archived