shining tree accomodations

3 Bears

i was alittle hurt by some responses regarding our prices...do you all realize what a gas company charges us to bring fuel to shining tree.

i thought i would have a look at food and lodging forum.i was amused at our responses. the guys who had a steak dinner-2 pound steak-wow sorry we do not have mcdonalds up here.you can order what ever you want off the menue

we try our best to get the trails groomes on a town of 21 getting permits and whereev er i can sell a permit. please try to remember when we Are closed but open to help a :umno: sledder...let this be known also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for one do not have a problem with eating sleeping or gassing up at your place. If I ever get my sled back this year, I plan on stopping or staying there.right_on.gif

The Three Bears and the Pine Fall Lodge are 2 of my favorite places to stay and I hear the same complaints about both.

i was alittle hurt by some responses regarding our prices...do you all realize what a gas company charges us to bring fuel to shining tree.

i thought i would have a look at food and lodging forum.i was amused at our responses. the guys who had a steak dinner-2 pound steak-wow sorry we do not have mcdonalds up here.you can order what ever you want off the menue

we try our best to get the trails groomes on a town of 21 getting permits and whereev er i can sell a permit. please try to remember when we Are closed but open to help a :umno: sledder...let this be known also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All that I have ever heard is of good service . Some dummies would rather pay downtown prices than consider that without you there would be a large gap that would damage thier ability to ride through the north .

I guess they figure that gas, lodging and food should cost the same everywhere. Maybe they should shop around next time they go to shining Tree? LOL!!! I'll bet if they were out of fuel your prices would seem cheap. Everybody should understand that the further you get away from populated areas the more things cost. I only stayed at your place once back in 2001 but I do remember the great steak dinner we had. I also remember thinking how far from anything you guys are and how lucky we were to have a place way out there in the bush. Keep up the good work and don't let a few inconsiderate people change the way you feel about the majority of snowmobilers.

I comment on the other thread too but in regards to gas prices, people who travel to places like Shining Tree, Fraserdale (Trailer at the Canyon), Half-Way Haven and the old saw mill on L143 to name a few, know that gas is liquid gold and yes, it is pricey, but it is not easy to get it there. I was at Half-Way one day when the gas truck was there. If I recall, it was a 12hr drive in with chains on the tires and 12hrs out. This is reality. So sledders have to pay, do we like it, no, but there are no alternatives so you have to suck it up and get over it.

Thank you for opening to help sledders and all the other things 3 Bears does to make trails and snowmobiling happen in your area.

I wouldn't take the comments personally Kell.

I'd also like to give 3 Bears credit for blazing that swath (temporary) trail. Looked like a lot of hard work went into it.

As for gas, we topped up. It was on a 'honesty' system. Machine clicks litres, you walk in and advise how many litres.

Good to see operators like Gowganda and 3 Bears on the trail system.

Half - way Haven is a one of a kind place as well. That should be on everyone's bucket list.

Kell do not take there comments personally some of them do not know how much work you and Brandon do to keep STTP club up and running and trails OPEN between Sudbury and Timmins. The best way to comment on constructive criticism is done face to face giving the establishment a chance to respond to your specifics concern. Dist 14 has many operators that are in remote areas and shipping costs have to be re-coved or they would be out of business. And without making a little profit how can an operator upgrade there facility to better service there customers. I bin in the service industry for 30 years in the north and the challenges of being in business up here can be very hard on ones METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Keep :) Kell

JB1200Gade, I agree and hopefully Kell understands that posted comments are in no way meant to me bashing. I will only comment for myself, but I can only imagine how hard it is to run a profitable business let alone a Snowmobile club too in the north especially when mother nature can influence how good (or bad) a season may be.

I thank all Northern establishments for their services and or hospitality. I have throughout most of D14 & D15 and there are many great places that if they weren't there, we would be able to be sledding.

Thank you.

JB1200Gade, I agree and hopefully Kell understands that posted comments are in no way meant to me bashing. I will only comment for myself, but I can only imagine how hard it is to run a profitable business let alone a Snowmobile club too in the north especially when mother nature can influence how good (or bad) a season may be.

I thank all Northern establishments for their services and or hospitality. I have throughout most of D14 & D15 and there are many great places that if they weren't there, we would be able to be sledding.

Thank you.

oops sorry...i didnt mean to turn this away from the trails. so i thank all for your support and lets get back to the trails

KELL :holysheep:

We have a business in Niagara (no sledding in this town for 20 years). Just have to let it roll off. I don't care what business you are in you can't please everyone. But I will tell you that when we stop in at your place via sled we buy gas and eat there. You guys are awesome everytime and pleasant. Everyone should own a business than they would understand how tough it is in any area. Keep up the great work and hope to be stopping in at your place and staying overnight for once. Myself I haven't ever heard any negative revues on your establishment. We are thankful that you are there and hope you are there for many more.

We have a business in Niagara (no sledding in this town for 20 years). Just have to let it roll off. I don't care what business you are in you can't please everyone. But I will tell you that when we stop in at your place via sled we buy gas and eat there. You guys are awesome everytime and pleasant. Everyone should own a business than they would understand how tough it is in any area. Keep up the great work and hope to be stopping in at your place and staying overnight for once. Myself I haven't ever heard any negative revues on your establishment. We are thankful that you are there and hope you are there for many more.

X2 I know without lodges like yours we sledders would be lost, we need to appreciate you for the services you provide, above and beyond every time I visit, thanks;.

Archived