Another loop south

St. Louis Dave

Interesting link.

I like the comments about the railway towns/sidings. The OFSC finally removed the siding names from the rail lines in northern Ontario. To someone that didn't know, they might've thought they could get help @ these "places".

Interesting link.

I like the comments about the railway towns/sidings. The OFSC finally removed the siding names from the rail lines in northern Ontario. To someone that didn't know, they might've thought they could get help @ these "places".

Trouble is that those "towns" show up on GPS units that have maps included! NOT really a good thing IMO!

Count me in, I'm going to up up this weekend. Let's do it!

Got fuel for 400km?

Actually the hydro is an old line that runs to the Montreal Hydro dams, and was just re-strung a few yrs back.

The "new road" is to head strait to Halfway Haven when open. (and then eventually out to The Crossover) However it has been slated for completion for the last few yrs. There is only a few miles left to open it up, but word has it that it is some REALLY rough terrain in that little section.

I have been gunna ask if they got it finished this yr (like they said the last few yrs) or not. I honestly ass_u_me NOT. With the logging industry in the dumps (with everything else of course) I just kant see them going to the expense currently.

I have talked with the guys in Millwood. They're from Wisconsin. (Don't they got cabins in the bush over there?) I have walked some of the trail you were on many yrs ago.

I would $hit a brick if a trail was EVER cut into the Canyon! That would NOT be a good move - ESPECIALLY for the R/R! However - the 2km hike could be fun!

Also note that most everything between Millwood and Frater is just slightly within the boundries of Lake Superior Provincial Park.

Also note that most everything between Millwood and Frater is just slightly within the boundries of Lake Superior Provincial Park.

and that is off limits to all motorized traffic. dont get caught in there.... fines are stiff, and if you need a rescue, lets say the costs will make permit costs seem like childs play.

and if you dont think they watch these areas by road, air ect.... you are mistaken. and yes they can track you by your sled tracks. (not that i know first hand). ski

it'd be a tough go for sure.

Not sure about the park I know it's close.

I didnt' see any signs and was following old road.

the original logging road to Eton is closed (gated) due to crossing the park.

the new road also has a gate near 17 just past frater that cottagers have access through.

The Hoppy lake road now connects from this road to access halfway haven though.

The rd to the Montreal dams got a gate right after 9/11.

Usta sled/ATV back in there...

It would be a beautiful trail in the winter and another loop for the Algoma plan. Of course, nobody to cut, mark, groom, and maintain it but one could dream. If you were an adventurous type and loved the powder, (and carry 400km worth of fuel) it would make one hell of a trip.

it'd be a tough go for sure.

Not sure about the park I know it's close.

I didnt' see any signs and was following old road.

Map of the park:

http://www.lakesuperiorpark.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100:park-map&catid=13:quick-park-information&Itemid=101

The rd to the Montreal dams got a gate right after 9/11.

Usta sled/ATV back in there...

I was just up there a few weeks ago and saw that...been for a drive up there a few years back and it was open.

Those gates are fairly easy to "hack" though...just get a chain or something metal you can throw under the gate, try and trip the sensor, and bam, gate opens.

Then run and hide from the cameras!!! haha

Archived