Muskoka Trails Opening!!

DWIGHT RX

:woot: The trails in Muskoka, contrary to all the news and rumours is beginning to open up for riding. The key reason for them being listed as not open to date is the clubs have been doing their due diligence on the trails. This requires the club to clear and remove dangerous obstacles, pack the trails, put up signs and do their risk management assessment and final inspections. Are we starting to understand the work involved? Some clubs also have swamps and bogs to contend with and cannot groom them until they freeze which slows them down. The Algonquin SC in Dwight / Oxtongue has all trails open with one minor reroute/detour. The ONLY authority we as riders should rely on for trail conditions or closures are the District 7 club web sites. Check the MSR website for club updates on trail conditions at http://www.snowcrestriders.com

Hill and Gully - Port Sydney -

You mention that the only authority is the District 7 site. What about the OFSC site?

You also mention that the MSR site is a place to get the information, however MSR is not entirely District 7, so that cannot be the authority for all clubs in the district, can it?

I just find this information confusing, and some clarity will assist many who do not understand the makeup of D7.

You mention that the only authority is the District 7 site. What about the OFSC site?

You also mention that the MSR site is a place to get the information, however MSR is not entirely District 7, so that cannot be the authority for all clubs in the district, can it?

I just find this information confusing, and some clarity will assist many who do not understand the makeup of D7.

He has listed Snowcrest and the Hill and Gully Riders.

My suggestion to all readers would be to start with the OFSC site and, if one wants to drill down, go to the MSR site, the Snowcrest site and/or the Hill and Gully site. Not that it will make much difference in official trail reports, which send your click to the OFSC site. But, it "may" provide some more details on specific issues, if any.

My suggestion to all readers would be to start with the OFSC site and, if one wants to drill down, go to the MSR site, the Snowcrest site and/or the Hill and Gully site. Not that it will make much difference in official trail reports, which send your click to the OFSC site. But, it "may" provide some more details on specific issues, if any.

Yes, the clarification was added to the original post. That helps.

Yes, the clarification was added to the original post. That helps.

Yes, it certainly does. :P

Trying to get from 201 to 340-330 to the Rosseau (Red Leaves) next weekend (16th).

Anybody done 340-330?

Is brandy lake staked? Is it safe to go on yet?

Thanks,

WIll

brandy lake is not staked yet and should not be considered safe

Just spoke with Wallace Marine (Dan I think), says 330/340 just packed and should be ready in a day or two and right to the Marriott.

I know it's Parry Sound Mildbill but it's the heart of Muskoka so I'd have better luck with those riders.

Archived