North from Bracerbridge ?

goliath

Any update on the conditions north and south of Bracebridge ? leaving in the morning for the day ? :D:wtf:

Check the MSR Website before you leave - not much open yet - still showing most trails as "closed" in that area.

OFSC site say's top D is open I am just looking to get the sled out for a run, is that a very long stretch that is open ?,

Thanks for you help

If you want to stick to D - you can get a good run in up to Sprucedale and back I would think if you are planning to head North - and then run the Seguin if you'd like. I passed the groomer in Kearney this morning - so the Top D was groomed in this neck of the woods today :D Have a good ride :wavey:

Sorry to be a pain, any suggestion's for a place to leave the truck and trailer with good access to the trail either in Gravenhurst or Bracebridge.

Thanks for you help

We left our trailer at the Muskoka Wharf in Gravenhurst, near the Boston Pizza for a day ride in 2008. Call the Town Office if you are planning on leaving it overnight.

Others on the forum may be familiar with local businesses willing to accept a trailer for a day.

Sorry to be a pain, any suggestion's for a place to leave the truck and trailer with good access to the trail either in Gravenhurst or Bracebridge.

Thanks for you help

We left our trailer at the Muskoka Wharf in Gravenhurst, near the Boston Pizza for a day ride in 2008. Call the Town Office if you are planning on leaving it overnight.

Others on the forum may be familiar with local businesses willing to accept a trailer for a day.

There is parking at the top of Gull Lake, there were several cars with sled trailers parked there today.

Thanks for you help

There is parking at the top of Gull Lake, there were several cars with sled trailers parked there today.

I was wondering if that was open as well.

Playing in the snow today? :lol:

Thanks for you help

I was wondering if that was open as well.

Playing in the snow today? :lol:

i drove past in my truck :( I have been on the sled the last few day, but no real "riding".

could you tell me how long it would take to go from the Wharf to Kearney and back conservative pace ? New to this.

I would plan on the day to do this route riding conservatively....with photo ops and rest stops as well as a stop for lunch and possibly gas along the way. Because the trails are "limited" you never know what obsticles you might encounter on the trail that may slow you down even more. I rode the D trail from Kearney to Sand Lake and back today - and there were some washouts. Nothing that you couldn't manage to get around - but it slows you down. So it would depend on how you ride on whether or not this is a DOOable ride for you. Whatever you decide - enjoy your day and ride safe :wavey:

Park at the Gull Lake spot , no road rash to get onto the D-trail witch is right there , Like Giddy said it wil be aday run , Keep you eyes open south of Sprucedale theres some good swamps around there , -17 and flurries tonight in Muskoka you should have a good one tommorrow :wavey:

MM

Thanks for the help, what about the " swamps " am I riding through the swamps ? Sorry real new to this and bringing my wife on a seperate sled not to sure about the swamp thing... are the frozen enough or do we go around it ?

You will be going over frozen swamp areas , most of the time you will not even know you are on a swamp , Generally if the trail has been Groomed you are good to go as the trail has held up a 7 ton groomer it should hold you no problem , just watch for little rocks poking up doing damage to your sleds

OFSC site say's top D is open I am just looking to get the sled out for a run, is that a very long stretch that is open ?,

Thanks for you help

If you want to stick to D - you can get a good run in up to Sprucedale and back I would think if you are planning to head North - and then run the Seguin if you'd like. I passed the groomer in Kearney this morning - so the Top D was groomed in this neck of the woods today :D Have a good ride :wavey:

Not sure that D south of the Seguin is open lots of swamp . Maybe e-mail MSR

Thanks for all the info, great group, hope we see you on the trails :D:D

Please be very careful around swamps with the early season rides . A bad experience could turn you and your mrs. off for life . I would recommend that you drive to the travel center at hwy 400 exit 214 and park and ride from there eastward toward Sprucedale . This is an abandoned railbed and has fewer water issues .

Goliath

Wildbills tour sounds like one for you and the Mrs to try untill all the trails are fully open and in perfect order

Please be very careful around swamps with the early season rides . A bad experience could turn you and your mrs. off for life . I would recommend that you drive to the travel center at hwy 400 exit 214 and park and ride from there eastward toward Sprucedale . This is an abandoned railbed and has fewer water issues .

Killjoy! :poke:

Bad idea to half drown the wife .

Thanks for the help, what about the " swamps " am I riding through the swamps ? Sorry real new to this and bringing my wife on a seperate sled not to sure about the swamp thing... are the frozen enough or do we go around it ?

If approaching swamps on a snowmobile trail and unsure of conditions see section D, subsection 3iii.......

D3iii. SWF*

*(send wife first) :P

enjoy the rest of your winter. :lol:

Bad idea to half drown the wife .

Yes far better to take her out on thin ice and full drown her.. :rotflmao:

Archived