Muskoka Forecast Next 3-4 Days - Woo Hoo near 50 Cm Snow

capster59

and then some cold!!

Well I wanted to drive up Fri Nite, but roads appear to be closing so I hope to up Sat am....

Our Fine Mayor says we have a "snow"emergency!!

Well I wanted to drive up Fri Nite, but roads appear to be closing so I hope to up Sat am....

If you own a sled, it snow emergency, is it? :lol:

I think we need a little( :mrgreen: ) packing done...

I hear that Huntsville, Burks falls, are just getting hammered right now with white stuff :woot::woot:

capster -- FYI, Highway 11 was reopened a little while ago, and the snow stopped here in Huntsville about 2 hours ago...so you might make it up here tonight. However, just be aware that all of Muskoka (including Huntsville) is still under a heavy squall warning for the rest of today and into tonight, and I have no idea what driving is like between here and Orillia. Bracebridge is apparently still getting hammered with heavy snow as this is being written.

That's the updated report from God's Country... :wavey:

Thanks mucho for the info, I think I'll do her tonite and come up early in the morning, daylight bound to be better. Guess I will need to bring some extra gas for the sno blower...

Does no one up there have a camera? :wtf: I don't believe you cuz I is from Missouri (well actually Orillia) so show me. :whatever:

Does no one up there have a camera? :wtf: I don't believe you cuz I is from Missouri (well actually Orillia) so show me. :whatever:

X2

:umno: Anybody with a pulse up here is way too busy clearing snow to think about taking pics and posting them...come on up and see fer yerself...

capster -- FYI, Highway 11 was reopened a little while ago, and the snow stopped here in Huntsville about 2 hours ago...so you might make it up here tonight. However, just be aware that all of Muskoka (including Huntsville) is still under a heavy squall warning for the rest of today and into tonight, and I have no idea what driving is like between here and Orillia. Bracebridge is apparently still getting hammered with heavy snow as this is being written.

That's the updated report from God's Country... :wavey:

I was up to Bracebridge today & across 118 thru Haliburton & down 28 to Apsley.

I was stuck in the mess below & above 118. A retired co-worker lives a stones throw NE of the 11/118 jct. I get there & a :curse: tractor trailer is stuck on the ramp, blocking it. I said to a couple that had a sled in the back of their half ton that be be quicker if we unloaded the sleds. Had to stop & go up to the Cedar Lane exit where the OPP had it closed & work my way back south to his house. In between the 2 exits another semi had plowed into the snowbank beside the median, snow up to its hood.

[i seem to be having problems lately when I try to post. Is there a limit to the number of characters typed per post?]

The only sled I saw in my travels not on a trailer or in a pickup was @ Washago road running. No tracks @ any of the TOP B or D road crossings. I imagine anyone w/ a long track will be happy this weekend, but a lot of us won't be.

:woot::woot: The weather network this morning just forecast another 15 - 30 cm of snow for Orillia / Gravenhurst / Bracebridge. :woot::woot:

We have a few days away booked between Christmas and New Years. Someone here suggested we likely wouldn't be sledding by then. That was a few weeks back. I said I would remain optimistic. The great snow gods have answered my prayers.

Now the wife and I won't be stuck in the resort all day. I can smell the exhaust now. For those of you old enough to remember the movie Apocolypse now.... "I love the smell of napalm substitute snowmobile exhaust in the morning."

Archived