report from 1-27-08 wawa to Hornepayne

zrtkat

Hello everyone I am up-dating my post from yesterday I have good internet service in Kapuskasing. we stopped at JB for lunch in dub,that is where we saw Big Reg on our way to Hornepayne,the trails where great to dub.

wawatohornepayne2008007.jpg

We where happy we got to meet Big Reg he calmed me down about the weather I was upset about the weather forecast and I am still concerned about it,but I think we should be ok :)

wawatohornepayne2008008.jpg

wawatohornepayne2008010.jpg

So we are off to Hornepayne on the D108A trail what a nice ride it was really enjoyable to ride nice wide trails and smooth also.

wawatohornepayne2008013.jpg

Not far from here is where I almost hurt myself the trails where so sweet the F 1000 pulled up next to me for a challenge for my four-stroke-turbo :shock: the only problem was as soon as got into the turbo we come around the bend and there was a blue pick-up truck parked half on the trail I could not get around it on the right side of the truck so I took a chance and took it through the ditch on the left side. :puke: after that Zrtkat no longer uses his turbo ;)

wawatohornepayne2008010.jpg

after that we just cruised into Hornepayne ,we seen no other sleds on the trails ,I tried to post pics last night no internet service there :curse: So next time I think we are just going to go to Hearst.

wawatohornepayne2008011.jpg

wawatohornepayne2008012.jpg

wawatohornepayne2008022.jpg

wawatohornepayne2008021.jpg

wawatohornepayne2008020.jpg

wawatohornepayne2008017.jpg

wawatohornepayne2008002.jpg

enjoy the pics I am going to go get a coffee and will be back to post todays trip

zrtkat&crew

Big Reg it was Quite a ways the guys are saying after we crossed some railroad tracks sorry I do not have anymore information.

zrtkat

Big Reg I almost ended my snowmobile trip the worst way :o we will be coming back through dub the way it looks .skidooboy said the wilderness trail is not in good shape.so maybe we will meet again.

keep me up-dated on weather :cry:

zrtkat

they calling for some rain tomorrow

Wednesday 0 with snow

Thursday -10

let me know what time you think you will be back in town, if I'm not gone working I will go see you guys and we can drop by the Groomer Guy store

Big Reg I will know more in a day or 2 we are planning timmins tommorrow then Chapleau then back too Wawa then to the truck.

will keep you up-dated nightly

thanks again for all your help

zrtkat&crew

ok Groomer guy hopefully we will be thru there when you are there

zrtkat

If you don't like brush in the trail you are going to hate the 160 miles from Timmins to Chapleau. I rode the C101F last week and there is tons of brush sticking up through the snow the whole way. I didn't mine it, but I saw you post earlier about the brush.

jcerget1 I dont mind the brush coming out of the snow,on the one trail it had the trees hanging over onto the trails that is what hurts when it hits your helmet :angry: I just woke up in Kapuskasing and we got some snow last night but it looks like a wet snow on the machines.

have a great day

zrtkat

thanks for another great report & pics

stayed above freezing last night in wawa, zrtcat, were in a winter storm warning for tonight, 15cm of snow, chapleau isn't in it though. calling for -17 tonight so we'll resume grooming if its not snowing too heavy and do the d trails north and south first.

kat, if chapleau gets alittle of joney's snow, and between halfway and chap gets it, that wilderness trail will save you some miles and alot of time. it wont need much snow to get your shorter lug tracks lube through there. make the call when you get into chapleau. heck, ride out and look at the road, see what it looks like. it's only a few miles out of chap. ski

Jonesy that sounds like great news :lol: we are in timmins now and it is warm ,snow is slushy but it is supposed to change wed. we are going to Chapleau wed then we are coming back to wawa then down to the truck :lol:

thanks for the info

keep me posted

thank-you

zrtkat&crew

skidooboy thanks for the information on the wilderness trail ,we are going to have to buy a 3-day pass so we are going to continue on to wawa after chapleau then back down to Heyden.

if we go down to Heyden after chapleau we will have 2 days left on our pass so we might as well just ride some more :lol:

thanks

zrtkat&crew

Archived