Sportsman's Inn (Killarney) - Open under New Owner

Canuck

Met the new owner of the Sportsman's Inn at the show last week.

Pictures of the restored inn looked great.

Looks like a trip north of Parry Sound is in order this year, with a stop at the inn.

They had provided a draw for accommodations to the Sudbury district at the show. Didn't realize it was new ownership.

Met the new owner of the Sportsman's Inn at the show last week.

Pictures of the restored inn looked great.

Looks like a trip north of Parry Sound is in order this year, with a stop at the inn.

Yes, the Killarney area is one that has been on my sled list for quite a while. That and a full day on the trails of Manitoulin Island. I've had a loop of that area on the EA alternatives sheets several times but it always seems that the weather or the lake ice or something just hasn't lined up well with our departure dates.

Maybe this year ?

I wish the Chi-Cheemaun ran all winter. Would love to do a loop up the Bruce, across to Manitoulin, tree line to Spanish and circle back east and south. Could do it all from here. Would be awesome.

Maybe. I didn't realize there were two and hadn't noticed the 'Killarney' in the subject :oops::oops:

They had provided a draw for accommodations to the Sudbury district at the show. Didn't realize it was new ownership.

You missed her? ;)

She seems very proud of the hotel and the community. Renovation pictures of the inn show lots of hard work went into it.

I asked her intelligent questions ("Did you keep the outdoor hot tub"?) and she kept giving me dirty looks.

________

BTW - I believe that there is a 'Sportman's Lodge' as well. They had flyers in a booth not to far from Sportsman's Inn.

Maybe. I didn't realize there were two and hadn't noticed the 'Killarney' in the subject :oops::oops:

I knew you knew. BTW, O2Sled is a member of Baxter. :P :poke: :P

Dumb and Dumber.

We sled together.

I knew you knew. BTW, O2Sled is a member of Baxter. :P :poke: :P

Dumb and Dumber.

We sled together.

And Mr. Junk relies on one of them new-fangled GPS thingies :roll:

Satnav Blunder: This Asda Be The Wrong Way!

5 hours 19 mins ago

© Sky News 2009 Buzz Up! Print Story

616315459-satnav-blunder-asda-wrong-way.jpg

An Asda delivery driver got into a tight spot - after blindly following his satnav into dense woodland.

The supermarket worker became the latest motorist to have his senses switched off by the hi-tech guidance system after getting his 6ft-wide van stuck down a 3ft-wide footpath.

Confused cyclists and hikers watched in disbelief as the blundering white van man eventually had to abandon his Mercedes vehicle near Rosendale, Lancashire.

Onlooker David Bissett, 32, said: "I was amazed it had got down so far and I wondered how it was going to get back out.

"You can't fault Asda for reaching the parts that other supermarkets can't reach."

The RAC were called out and the van, which was delivering food from Asda's Pilsworth store in Bury to a nearby farm, was freed after an hour.

A spokeswoman for Asda tried to make light of the blunder.

She said: "Unfortunately one of our home shopping vans took a wrong turn and got into a bit of a pickle.

"Thankfully the RAC was quick to come to the driver's rescue so it wasn't long before our intended customers received their weekly shop."

Lancashire County Council said it is considering placing bollards and signs to prevent similar incidents happening again.

"I wouldn't blindly follow my satnav but some unfortunately do. At the end of the day common sense should prevail," said Edenfield councillor Darryl Smith.

"A constituent alerted me that a minibus taking people to Manchester Airport became stuck in the same spot not long ago.

"It seems to be one of the unluckiest footpaths in the area at the moment."

SatNav.

It's not a trip. It's an adventure! :lol::lol::oops:

Been there :oops: Not real bad unless you have found the end of the road, ice, pulling a trailer you can't see around, and there is a hill on one side and water on the other. Time to back out.... :shock:

Been there :oops: Not real bad unless you have found the end of the road, ice, pulling a trailer you can't see around, and there is a hill on one side and water on the other. Time to back out.... :shock:

Dumb ass. that was the SLED MAP overlay!

Two interesting GPS stories:

1. Last week, went to son's hockey game. New rink for us, so took GPS. Dropped son off at rink, wife wanted to go to Mall before game (fine). Exiting mall, blindly follow GPS. Pull up to light, and signal left because GPS tells me that's the direction back to rink. Old navigator (wife) says that left appears to be 4 lanes of traffic coming at us. Suggests left is a bad idea. I advise that she has been replaced by new navigator (GPS). Well, the light turns green, and it's a straight arrow. You can't turn left, because it's traffic coming at you. You have to go straight, onto DVP. Lesson learned. There was a left turn slightly before, and I should have taken it.

2. On a recent visit to Buffalo (Bills game), I noticed that Queenston-Lewiston bridge had 1 hour wait and Erie also had 1 hour wait. We took Rainbow Bridge (15 min. wait) - and a nice view of the falls. Read an article this week about how GPS devices are leading to border tie-ups because they are programmed for 'easist' route, and for most folks returning to Golden Horseshoe, that's the Queenston bridge. We blindly follow the path laid out for us.

You forgot to mention it was late at night ... I think the fingernail marks are still in your passenger-side door! :oops:

Dumb ass. that was the SLED MAP overlay!

:oops:

You forgot to mention it was late at night ... I think the fingernail marks are still in your passenger-side door! :oops:

Good point, pitch black!!

... I think the fingernail marks are still in your passenger-side door! :oops:

Those were yours?

:poke: :lol:

Those were yours?

If we're talking about the same time. :rotflmao:

Those were yours?

And the footprints on the dashboard ? ? :shock:

Those are definitely not mine! :poke: :rotflmao:

Those were yours?

And the footprints on the dashboard ? ? :shock:

Those are definitely not mine! :poke: :rotflmao:

VIRER :!::shock::o:shock:

Go ahead Viper.

He has made so many friends today, that he won't even see it coming at OCR4K.

:lol:

Go ahead Viper.

Virer already said he wouldn't be there ... but I'm sure he'll find STG somewhere! :rotflmao:

Go ahead Viper.

Virer already said he wouldn't be there ... but I'm sure he'll find STG somewhere! :rotflmao:

I'm not sure there is enough Toilet Paper left in the World :D

Archived