Sportsman's Inn (Killarney) - Open under New Owner

Canuck

And Mr. Junk relies on one of them new-fangled GPS thingies :roll:

Satnav Blunder: This Asda Be The Wrong Way!

5 hours 19 mins ago

© Sky News 2009 Buzz Up! Print Story

616315459-satnav-blunder-asda-wrong-way.jpg

An Asda delivery driver got into a tight spot - after blindly following his satnav into dense woodland.

The supermarket worker became the latest motorist to have his senses switched off by the hi-tech guidance system after getting his 6ft-wide van stuck down a 3ft-wide footpath.

Confused cyclists and hikers watched in disbelief as the blundering white van man eventually had to abandon his Mercedes vehicle near Rosendale, Lancashire.

Onlooker David Bissett, 32, said: "I was amazed it had got down so far and I wondered how it was going to get back out.

"You can't fault Asda for reaching the parts that other supermarkets can't reach."

The RAC were called out and the van, which was delivering food from Asda's Pilsworth store in Bury to a nearby farm, was freed after an hour.

A spokeswoman for Asda tried to make light of the blunder.

She said: "Unfortunately one of our home shopping vans took a wrong turn and got into a bit of a pickle.

"Thankfully the RAC was quick to come to the driver's rescue so it wasn't long before our intended customers received their weekly shop."

Lancashire County Council said it is considering placing bollards and signs to prevent similar incidents happening again.

"I wouldn't blindly follow my satnav but some unfortunately do. At the end of the day common sense should prevail," said Edenfield councillor Darryl Smith.

"A constituent alerted me that a minibus taking people to Manchester Airport became stuck in the same spot not long ago.

"It seems to be one of the unluckiest footpaths in the area at the moment."

Now we know what John Tory is doing for a living.

Excuse me while I try to think like the Ontario Legislature now. I know, I know, that's an oxymoron!

Problem: People are driving down trails because of their GPS's.

Solution: Let's make use of a GPS illegal. That will solve the problem!

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Excuse me while I try to think like the Ontario Legislature now. I know, I know, that's an oxymoron!

Problem: People are driving down trails because of their GPS's.

Solution: Let's make use of a GPS illegal. That will solve the problem!

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Come on now.... Pin head McGuinty doesn't want to impact the businesses that sell GPS negatively. Just make the use of hand held GPS illegal. That way you can force all kinds of people to go out and spend more money that you don't have.

Archived