Well folks, drum roll please -- We are good to go Guinness

Nutter

Well after much deliberation (about 3 min :lol: ) at our meeting this morning, we decided to commit to going on.

So without further adoo .... :woot::woot:

If your into helping to bring the Guinness Book Of World Records, record of the Worlds Longest Continuous Parade Of Snowmobiles (820 sleds) back to Canada, where it belongs, and help PPSC celebrate our 40th anniversary, and most importantly to help send kids with disabilities to camp, mark down Sunday February 21st on your calendars.

Still have quite a few logistics to work out, but should have most of that worked out before the show, but right now it looks like there will be a few different staging options, choose PPSC or a neighboring club and enjoy a free pancake breakfast, then a group ride to the staging area on Scugog in Port Perry (going to try and keep it close to an hour ride in all cases). Pre reg required for this option (permit required). Then there will also be two or three staging areas right in Port Perry, one less then a mile (few 1000ft lake run, no pre reg or trail permit required) from the event staging area, and another about 2 km away (no pre reg but trail permit required). And the other option is to ride in from where ever, as long as your in the staging area in front of Port Perry by 12 noon, for the official sign in and launch (hopefully a 1 pm sharp launch). The record ride it's self will be a small lake loop, that should be completed in under an hour.

Registration will be between $20 and $25 per sled, with all proceeds going to send as many kids as we can to the Easter Seals Camp Program. We are working on official certificates of participation, and shirts to be included, and hopefully burgers, dogs, pop and hot chocolate/coffee. Worst case it'll cost a couple bucks for a burg and a pop, as we don't want to use any of the proceeds to fund the event.

All the official details, poster and press releases will be done by the date of the show (Oct 16,17,18), and I'll get em up on line then.

Hope to see a good bunch of OC members out :woot::woot:

Damn! That's the OC4K ride weekend :(:(

Damn can't win em all, we really didn't have much of a choice with all our other events, with only 2.5 to 3 months of sledding event windows it's tough to pick a weekend without over lapping another event somewhere.

Damn can't win em all, we really didn't have much of a choice with all our other events, with only 2.5 to 3 months of sledding event windows it's tough to pick a weekend without over lapping another event somewhere.

The OCR4K is not just another event! It's the best event!

Sounds like a great day Rick you can count me in and I will volunteer to do the photo's for ya unless you already have one, in that case just use my labour where needed!!!

Sounds like a great day Rick you can count me in and I will volunteer to do the photo's for ya unless you already have one, in that case just use my labour where needed!!!

Great Steve, but just for and aft photos, we are going to use none sledders for pic's while the parade is in motion.

:woot::woot:

I'm sure it's a great event Dom, but there are many great event's all season long in many different areas of the Province, all for many very worthy and needed charities, with none triumphing the other in importance or fun.

Yah sorry we cant be there.

That's ok UTS, doesn't matter what event or events any one chooses. The important thing is that we who are fortunate enough to help these charities, keep doing what we do and have a great time sharing in the camaraderie and sportsmanship doing it. While showing each other and those outside sledding who sledders really are.

HUH? You won't be at the OC Ride?? :curse:

I'm sure it's a great event Dom, but there are many great event's all season long in many different areas of the Province, all for many very worthy and needed charities, with none triumphing the other in importance or fun.

That's ok UTS, doesn't matter what event or events any one chooses. The important thing is that we who are fortunate enough to help these charities, keep doing what we do and have a great time sharing in the camaraderie and sportsmanship doing it. While showing each other and those outside sledding who sledders really are.

I find it interesting that Canuck brings it up and now the Ontario Conditions members will have to choose between their own event and this one. :wtf:

Lots of good events, yes, however this is now in direct conflict to our OC ride. :banghead:

I've met a few sledders around here. I wouldnt introduce them to anyone outside this forum! :roll:

I find it interesting that Canuck brings it up and now the Ontario Conditions members will have to choose between their own event and this one. :wtf:

Lots of good events, yes, however this is now in direct conflict to our OC ride. :banghead:

Your admin here Dom so you make the call as to whether you want to only have OC events posted on this forum (conflicting dates or not). This season our club will be having 2 factory demo rides with admission of a none perishable item for our local food bank (dates still to come from the Manu's, so they may conflict with something), and our annual poker run for the Port Perry Hospital Foundation on Sunday Feb 6th. With trying to provide these 4 fun events to riders and help a few charities at the same time, and to make our club interesting enough for people to want to be a part of, with only using volunteers with lives of their own, it's very hard not to have events with dates not conflicting with other events.

Feel free to remove this thread and just let me know if I should stop posting our club events here on OC.

Hey Nutter,

I dont think Dom meant it in a bad way. I think that he simply meant that he wished to go to both and that it was now impossible.

I think the job you guys do at the PPSC is second to none and I wish all volunteers had your creativity. I for one would put all of you guys in charge of the OFSC as a whole.

I think Dom's comment was not made in a negative. Like many of his comments they have to be re-read ten times before the light comes on! :roll:

Hey Nutter,

Glad to see this event got the green light from your club.

Too bad about the timing.

Would've loved to see some folks from Port Perry at the oc.com Ride for Kelly.

And, sure would've enjoyed being part of the record breaking procession.

Bring the record to Canada !

I agree, UTS. I don't think Domino was trying to be negative at all. He was just pointing out the irony of the situation and how much it sucks that people will have to choose. I know I would have loved to participate in the 'Guinness' ride, but will be busy in Huntsville that weekend.

I'm sure the PPSC will do a great job with this event as they do with all their events.

Hey Nutter,

Forsure Canuck, but as said with only a short window and sooo many events held by 231 clubs (and who knows how many outside of club events), that happen each season across the province, it's tough to not conflict with each other. But then again it's nice to have choices, of where you want to ride, type and length of venue and what charity you want to support.

Hey Nutter,

I dont think Dom meant it in a bad way. I think that he simply meant that he wished to go to both and that it was now impossible.

I think the job you guys do at the PPSC is second to none and I wish all volunteers had your creativity. I for one would put all of you guys in charge of the OFSC as a whole.

I think Dom's comment was not made in a negative. Like many of his comments they have to be re-read ten times before the light comes on! :roll:

I agree, UTS. I don't think Domino was trying to be negative at all. He was just pointing out the irony of the situation and how much it sucks that people will have to choose. I know I would have loved to participate in the 'Guinness' ride, but will be busy in Huntsville that weekend.

I'm sure the PPSC will do a great job with this event as they do with all their events.

Thanks for the kudo's folks :woot::woot:

Dom's wording of "I find it interesting" leads to me to think he feels there's some kind of conspericy of competion at play here ? Maybe he didn't consider some of the points I made, or he doesn't care about them ? Either way when reading it I can only take it the way I see it, and right now along with his other post about Canuck doing a competing Guinness ride, I see it as nothing but malace towards our event.

Hey Nutter,

Forsure Canuck, but as said with only a short window and sooo many events held by 231 clubs (and who knows how many outside of club events), that happen each season across the province, it's tough to not conflict with each other. But then again it's nice to have choices, of where you want to ride, type and length of venue and what charity you want to support.

Hey Nutter,

Thanks for the kudo's folks :woot::woot:

Dom's wording of "I find it interesting" leads to me to think he feels there's some kind of conspericy of competion at play here ? Maybe he didn't consider some of the points I made, or he doesn't care about them ? Either way when reading it I can only take it the way I see it, and right now along with his other post about Canuck doing a competing Guinness ride, I see it as nothing but malace towards our event.

OK, OK. Lets not get our knickers in a knot! Although that may turn STG on....

I find it interesting because originally, here on OC, Canuck was trying to rally the troops and see if there was interest. He subsequently bowed out to support PPSC and their quest for the same venture. Now we (OCC Critter and OCR4K Attendees) will not have the opportunity to participate. That sucks! Hence the :banghead:

Nutter, anybody else I might have suspected a conspiracy. However we all know you well enough and know your support of the club and OCC, so I have no conspiracy theories. :coffeespit:

I wish we could add 40 or so sleds to your event, but I am sure the majority here will want to attend the OCR4K, and that's not a slight to PPSC or the Guinness event, just a annual event that now takes precedent for many of us.

On the other hand, Viper will be there to support you (the trader ;) ).

People should really distinguish the difference between a unhappy Monkey and a Pissed off Monkey :hugs:

:wavey:

On a positive note, we know where 800+ sleds will be that weekend, and its nowhere near our event! :woot::woot:

i would love to attend that event, i can leave from my house for it, but feb is a long ways away and i am better than average at breaking my yammy and mother nature always has a suprise in store.

so unless i blow another track, explode a clutch or break one of many components in my skid the starter relay doesn't crap out (again) no calls in sick to work and no dead relatives I am pretty sure I can round up 4 or 5 riders for this event

Trader huh :curse:

STG my donations are looking good coming your way buddy the Monkey just made mistake number one.

Balls in your court now!

People should really distinguish the difference between a unhappy Monkey and a Pissed off Monkey :hugs::wavey:

Is there really a differnece :crazy: UTS we need a vote here!!!!!

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

On the other hand, Viper will be there to support you (the trader ;) )

Where's MonkeySp4.0 when you really need it, eh ? ? :P

Is he trying to trade the damn Illegal two up ATV? :curse:

As for Viper......................................I wonder if he has a hat? ;)

I find it interesting because originally, here on OC, Canuck was trying to rally the troops and see if there was interest. He subsequently bowed out to support PPSC and their quest for the same venture. Now we (OCC Critter and OCR4K Attendees) will not have the opportunity to participate. That sucks! Hence the :banghead:

Nutter, anybody else I might have suspected a conspiracy. However we all know you well enough and know your support of the club and OCC, so I have no conspiracy theories. :coffeespit:

I wish we could add 40 or so sleds to your event, but I am sure the majority here will want to attend the OCR4K, and that's not a slight to PPSC or the Guinness event, just a annual event that now takes precedent for many of us.

People should really distinguish the difference between a unhappy Monkey and a Pissed off Monkey :hugs:

On a positive note, we know where 800+ sleds will be that weekend, and its nowhere near our event! :woot::woot:

I just found your choice of words, then post about Canuck organizing another Guinness ride in another thread "interesting", and wanted to make sure my posts about our clubs events are welcome here regardless of dates.

i would love to attend that event, i can leave from my house for it, but feb is a long ways away and i am better than average at breaking my yammy and mother nature always has a suprise in store.

so unless i blow another track, explode a clutch or break one of many components in my skid the starter relay doesn't crap out (again) no calls in sick to work and no dead relatives I am pretty sure I can round up 4 or 5 riders for this event

Fantastic Blue'er :woot::woot:

I just found your choice of words, then post about Canuck organizing another Guinness ride in another thread "interesting", and wanted to make sure my posts about our clubs events are welcome here regardless of dates.

Of course you can still post here. Why wouldnt you?

Can you please get rid of the monkey instead? ;)

Of course you can still post here. Why wouldnt you?

Can you please get rid of the monkey instead? ;)

Like I said UTS, Doms first post really made me feel like I was competing with the OC ride, by posting our club event which due to volunteer logistics we have no choice but to have on the same weekend.

BTW, is the actuall OC ride for Kelly on the Saturday or Sunday ? If it's on the Saturday those who wish to do both can, as it's only an hour and a bit of trailering hike from one to the other, our Guinness attempt wont be till noon on Sunday for official ride reg, and where hoping to launch at 1 pm, and the actuall record attempt will be approx one hour. Were going to do our best with a large army of volunteers from 5 clubs to get it under way fast, as we figure if we take too long to get things rolling it'll just allow time for confusion to set in.

(Edit) I should add this is only if those wishing to do both, forgo a pancake breakfast at one of staging clubs and the group rides over, and just pre stage at one of the pre staging areas in Port Perry close to ride time.

Archived