Canada's Economic Action Plan Funds More Than 500 Recreation

Ox

Just saw the thread aboot the trail closure around Missinnabbi (which has been an active concern for at least a yr now) and thought that I would toss this out as I hadn't seen eny mention of this yet:

Thanks for the link.

Always interesting to learn about programs, and more importantly that the actual $ are being spent. Often, you get the sense that programs are 'announced' but the application of funds seems to fall through.

I'll bet OFSC has a team on this and I recall posts on this forum about local clubs receiving funds. Congrats to those organizations who put applications in - as I recall it was a rush announcement with a short window (one month?) to apply.

As for the trail 'closure' - not sure why anyone would consider closing the wonderful Algoma Loop. If they do, we'll start north -east of there, in New Liskeard or Timmins, and then head west to Dub'ville, Hornepayne, Hearst, etc. and return to central corridor.

Interesting idea about the Park. It would be a wonderful route along Lake Superior, that's for sure.

This was all part of the feds stimilus package. Application are no longer being taken and those receiving the funding notified. All the work needs to be done according to guidelines set out and completed by March 31st 2010 or no money will be paid out and if you received any interim funding it would need to be returned. This is an all or nothing funding for the application you put in.

As for the trail 'closure' - not sure why anyone would consider closing the wonderful Algoma Loop.

From everything we have read on here ...........

What a shame. A terrible shame. A Beautiful Run.

AND................... I cannot believe that decent dialogue can let this happen. Anytime a major piece of a TOP Trail is lost it is a major blow to organized Sledding. Another loop closed. More dead ends. Less Traffic. Less Dollars spent in those locales. No sense.

Bad News, Indeed.

wait for the fall out on the missanabi trail closure....

what will stop other clubs from closing TOP trails and cutting off themselves, or their neighboring towns to get more business???

sooner or later there will be no more ofsc, no more volunteers being taken advantage of, no more groomed trails funded and maintained by volunteers, including us, the riders/permit holders, buyers.

all because people won't listen, won't talk, won't be open minded, won't even the playing fields, won't help.

sorry to be so negative about this but this has been going on for close to a year, and there were solutions to repair the situation. ski

Archived