Gowganda Lake Camp - Summer Time

slomo

Just finished a great week at GLC! STG has posted a winter report in this forum but thought I would post a few pictures and observations for the off season.

Fishing:Gowganda Lake is large and has a very healthy fish population. Our usual mode of fishing, as we don't have a fish finder (yet) on our boat, is to look out for good structure and see if we can catch anything. We were out on the water at least 6 hours each day - despite the weather- and never got skunked. Caught a variety of smaller pike, pickeral and bass.

People in neighbouring cabins who had fish finders did very well. One guy caught pan ready pickeral each day, then landed a nice 6 pounder. His son showed up after an all night drive, was in the boat without as much as a nap, and hauled in a 12 pounder on 6 pound test line. There was one part of the lake near some falls where we were certain fish existed, yet couldn't get any until our very last evening on the water.

Ms. Slomo decides if they're not taking lures and they're not taking worms, give them both....

53_8ad5ecb820efaaed592334043459eb79IMG_0078 (Small).jpg[/attachment]

As well, the docks are in really great shape.

53_ab1f1865358708e98e21597fc102d25b

65_ba6b7f00441607fe95f9538fdf7aceaa

65_df3c56f7af5c71945cfe5916388ae588

65_453c779d14076da9f51adcb20afe34c2

65_bdbcc3483da4a5351d4d5aa7f126eef9

Excellent report Slomo! It's nice to see what these places we love during the winter months, look like without that lovely blanket of snow covering them. I have some friends that are avid Pickeral fisher-persons - and travel all over Ontario looking for "The Spot". Sounds like there's great fishing there - so I will pass this along to them. Love the pics!

:wavey:

Slomo

We did May 24 at Gowganda with Ron and Giselle and had a great long weekend of fishing and ATVing around the back lakes , the hospitality and there friendly nature is hard to find anymore and we will be back late september and of course in the winter when Ron gets the white carpet groomed up ,

Anyone thinking of going to G.L.C. , give it a try and you will not be dissapointed , the hosts are the best :D:D

Muskoka Man

^Thanks WB...outboard you fixed ran well without any trouble!

^^ What M.M. said!

Excellent report Slomo! It's nice to see what these places we love during the winter months, look like without that lovely blanket of snow covering them. I have some friends that are avid Pickeral fisher-persons - and travel all over Ontario looking for "The Spot". Sounds like there's great fishing there - so I will pass this along to them. Love the pics!

Hey Slomo :wavey:

Excellent report, looks like a great place to hang out in the summer!!!

Love the pics!

Evil

^Thanks WB...outboard you fixed ran well without any trouble!

^^ What M.M. said!

[attachment=0]gowganda-source.JPG[/attachment]

Giddy - if your friends wish to do advance research a .PDF of a large depth map of the Gowganda Lake is available at:

Lovely photos - lake and resort look awesome.

These folks have been longtime oc.com supporters, and I look forward to staying there.

• 4 months later...

:oops: I am a little late in saying thanks for the generous comments. Thanks for the Review Slomo. It was a pleasure to meet you and Mrs. Slomo this summer. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I don't take much time to browse the forum in the "off season" as you referred to it.

Thanks again to everyone .

Time to start thinking Ice fishing.. The lakes are pretty much ready , still a little slush here and there.

Ron

:oops: I am a little late in saying thanks for the generous comments. Thanks for the Review Slomo.

Ron

Well deserved Ron. Would you happen to know if the little duck that was around the docks made it out for the migration this year? Mid-August and no feathers.....

Archived