Oil crisis in Canada ?

Wildbill

A lot of folks can't understand how we came to have an oil shortage here in Canada.

Well, there's a very simple answer, Nobody bothered to check the oil.

We just didn't know we were getting low.

The reason for this is purely geographical.

Our Oil is located in:

ALBERTA

SASKATCHEWAN

BRITISH COLUMBIA

MANITOBA

COASTAL NOVA SCOTIA

COASTAL NEWFOUNDLAND

Our DIPSTICKS are located in OTTAWA

Any Questions ???

NO ?... Didn't think so.

• 4 weeks later...
:rotflmao:

:rotflmao:

• 3 weeks later...

Gas was 8 cents a litre cheaper in Peterboro than in Oshawa Thursday. I read somewhere recently that the GTA is getting gouged compared to the outlying areas. I've filled up a couple of times in Hastings & the price was cheaper than @ home.

I thought the oil companies always used the excuse that the shipping costs resulted in higher prices?

Gas was 8 cents a litre cheaper in Peterboro than in Oshawa Thursday. I read somewhere recently that the GTA is getting gouged compared to the outlying areas. I've filled up a couple of times in Hastings & the price was cheaper than @ home.

I thought the oil companies always used the excuse that the shipping costs resulted in higher prices?

Gas prices are definitely higher in Toronto.

Here this might help.

I thought that Mcguinty gave Miller the ability to add a gas tax in Toronto .

Ohhh, there's lots of gas from Miller these days, but no separate tax to my knowledge.

That link above is fascinating. Gas is 7 cents a litre cheaper in Ottawa. Wait - aren't there a bunch of politicos in Ottawa. Do they actually pay less for gas??

Toronto/GTA/London 87.5 Cents/Litre

Ottawa 80.5 Cents/Litre

Ohhh, there's lots of gas from Miller these days, but no separate tax to my knowledge.

That link above is fascinating. Gas is 7 cents a litre cheaper in Ottawa. Wait - aren't there a bunch of politicos in Ottawa. Do they actually pay less for gas??

Ottawa 80.5 Cents/Litre

But if the prices were higher in Ottawa, then the 'dipsticks' would notice and maybe do something about it? Naw, just dreaming again.

Hey WB, like the way I tied it back to the original post?

Ottawa 80.5 Cents/Litre

But if the prices were higher in Ottawa, then the 'dipsticks' would notice and maybe do something about it? Naw, just dreaming again.

Hey WB, like the way I tied it back to the original post?

Yeh we may be setting a new oc record for the number of posts on track ! as side note gas at Alves motors 95.7 :(

I've noticed gas price drops near Port Hope at Hwy 28/401.

80cents must be nice, paying 99cent here :banghead:

What on top of teh Toronto Land Transfer Tax and the Toronto Vehicle License Tax and whatever else the f^^&ing loser thinks up?

Squinty McGuinty is also an idiot. WTF? Do they think we are made of money?????? :soapbox:

What on top of teh Toronto Land Transfer Tax and the Toronto Vehicle License Tax and whatever else the f^^&ing loser thinks up?

Squinty McGuinty is also an idiot. WTF? Do they think we are made of money?????? :soapbox:

Now add $5.85/tire Tire Tax (sorry Tire Stewardship Fee) on top of your $3-$5 disposal fee and of course sales tax.

Now add $5.85/tire Tire Tax (sorry Tire Stewardship Fee) on top of your $3-$5 disposal fee and of course sales tax.

And those taxes will not go away even though the tire manufacturers have a new recycling program at no cost to the consumer.

Archived