P.S. area -'Tapatoo' is open again - schnitzel friendly???

slomo

Recall a few people liked to stay at Tapatoo, what with the pool and all. It has been closed for a couple of months, but is now re-opened by new owner and called 'Kellermans'. You can get the details here:

Can't you guys send smoke signals to each other? :D

Slomo (aka Galloping Gourmet) -

if I'm up near WB's, I'll get him to call you so we can investigate the menu.

Can't you guys send smoke signals to each other? :

Yeah, missed WB's post...some days get a raging 14 kps here on dial up, so avatars, smilies, 'previously read',pictures, movies all turned off, and logging in to forum is a long process. Smoke signals are probably quicker!

The family went there last night for the "Texas BBQ". It used to be quite a deal. Steak, Lamb, Ribs, Chicken & Sausage all done for you on the grill. This time they would do a steak if you asked and everything else was on a buffet table. Got thumbs down this time from everyone. Very few of the old staff and the food ranged from ok to nasty (a quote from my wife). The price is still the same though. I spent a weekend there 7 winters in a row with the family. We have given them 2 shots these last 2 summers. Wont likely go back now in any season.

Shame to hear that DooDad.

Thanks for the review.

(by the way, I'm not good at BBQ either so I suggest you stay away from my place) :P :P

and your now low on Scotch!............................... 8-) (oldie but goodie...........and STG I was talking about the joke)

The bottom line is this. The only thing that make a place succeed is fresh and well prepared food. If the food sucks then the business wont last.

Thanks for the review.

(by the way, I'm not good at BBQ either so I suggest you stay away from my place) :P :P

and your now low on Scotch!............................... 8-) (oldie but goodie...........and STG I was talking about the joke)

The bottom line is this. The only thing that make a place succeed is fresh and well prepared food. If the food sucks then the business wont last.

But if the waitstaff and chambermaids do, it has a chance.

Thanks for the review.

So if someone asks me if I want my schnitzel done I should stay? :wtf:

Thanks for the review.

So if someone asks me if I want my schnitzel done I should stay? :wtf:

Slomo did say they were Schnitzel friendly ;)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the updates. I've pulled their excellent rating. Bro & his wife stayed there a few years ago riding & enjoyed it. Let's see how things are mid-winter & I'll put a rating on their listing.

Archived