Trailer Fuel Doors - Where to Buy?

Domino

Domino, you will wish you had stickers on your truck and trailer after you give that nice MTO officer your excuse that you are exempt on a technicality, then watch as they tow your truck and trailer off to the impound with more citations than you thought were possible....... :o:wtf::wavey:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Domino, you will wish you had stickers on your truck and trailer after you give that nice MTO officer your excuse that you are exempt on a technicality, then watch as they tow your truck and trailer off to the impound with more citations than you thought were possible....... :o:wtf::wavey:

I think you guys are all nuts :poke:

Watch this space!

Watch this space!

:lol::lol::lol:

Rant, Rant, MTO, Violations, Rant, I told him. He doesn't know. PinHead with a uniform. Rant. Tax Grab. Government. Tow Truck conspiracy. Impound charges. KickBacks. Court appearance. Court location. Inconvenience. Bureaucrats. Rant. Unbelievable $$. Rant.

Hey Easy, what do you do for a living? :D

Probably best to listen to people who know. Ah what do I know? Oh wait I had a big ass trailer................aww never mind. :roll:

Probably best to listen to people who know. Ah what do I know? Oh wait I had a big ass trailer................aww never mind. :roll:

You are both commercial vehicles. And just to make you happy I called the MTO and asked. The officer states that I would need the inspection if my plates we're commercial (Black & White truck Plates), but not if I have passenger plates. She looked up my plates and verified that I do not require inspection. Now if I were to buy a pickup truck, it would have commercial plates and therefore, I would require inspection to tow my trailer. Today's a good day to have a SUV :D

You are both commercial vehicles. And just to make you happy I called the MTO and asked. The officer states that I would need the inspection if my plates we're commercial (Black & White truck Plates), but not if I have passenger plates. She looked up my plates and verified that I do not require inspection. Now if I were to buy a pickup truck, it would have commercial plates and therefore, I would require inspection to tow my trailer. Today's a good day to have a SUV :D

OK, Dom (and UTS, and Easy Rider)...now I am confused. I had just assumed that I don't require any sort of annual inspection for my rig, but the discussion in this thread now has me wondering about that assumption.

I do drive a light-duty pick-up (Honda Ridgeline) which has the black & white truck plates, but is most definitely NOT used as a commercial vehicle, and even has a little orange sticker on the front plate which says "Used Primarily for Personal Transportation".

When I renewed the annual validation sticker just before my birthday in March, not a word was said by the MTO licence office about annual "inspection." The truck is rated to tow up to 5,000 lbs, and my enclosed, in-line double sled trailer has a single axle rated for 3,500 lbs. So what's the consensus...do I require an annual inspection of either the truck, or the trailer (or both)?

OK, Dom (and UTS, and Easy Rider)...now I am confused. I had just assumed that I don't require any sort of annual inspection for my rig, but the discussion in this thread now has me wondering about that assumption.

I do drive a light-duty pick-up (Honda Ridgeline) which has the black & white truck plates, but is most definitely NOT used as a commercial vehicle, and even has a little orange sticker on the front plate which says "Used Primarily for Personal Transportation".

When I renewed the annual validation sticker just before my birthday in March, not a word was said by the MTO licence office about annual "inspection." The truck is rated to tow up to 5,000 lbs, and my enclosed, in-line double sled trailer has a single axle rated for 3,500 lbs. So what's the consensus...do I require an annual inspection of either the truck, or the trailer (or both)?

No, you have a single axle trailer. That is the difference.

Unfortunately the MTO can do what they wish and yes the person on the phone will tell you no you dont need an inspection. Sadly, the MTO road people can do what they want and as it states the legislation is very vague.

I towed my big double with my SUV and still got pulled over by the mto. Sad but true.

But irREV, your good!

RE " Double axle trailers need yellow stickers"

I know nothing about the regulations but I've seen many tandem axle open snowmobile trailers, boat trailers, dump trailers & car haulers with no stickers. I was told once by someone that if the truck had a sticker, the trailer had to have one also .

RG

Archived