todays ride from hearst to Wawa

zrtkat

Hi everyone we had a great day today the trails where great :woot: we had a long day and I am getting a little tired and sleeping longer each day.we stoped in Dubreileville and stopped at the quickee mart and said hello to the Groomer Guy.

Then we arrived in wawa after Dark ,it was getting cold out ,actually today was the coldest day of our trip. we are going to try and get a early start to the soo tommorrow we have a long day I think I forget the mileage to the soo from Wawa.

Here area few pics from todays ride

One more day to ride

My new sled is having Issues I hope to get back to the soo

have a great day everyone

zrtkat & crew

ontariio2009Hearsttowawa001.jpg

ontariio2009cochranetoHearst025.jpg

ontariio2009Hearsttowawa005.jpg

ontariio2009Hearsttowawa012.jpg

ontariio2009Hearsttowawa022.jpg

ontariio2009Hearsttowawa018.jpg

ontariio2009Hearsttowawa030.jpg

Have a great night :D

:D

cat dont take any chances stop at jones' in the am. let gord take a look at the dragon. better safe than on a tow strap. 70-75 miles to halfway haven, 90 to searchmont, and 40 or so to the soo depending on where you are trying to get to. about 50 mile or so less than you did today. get some rest things will look better in the am. ski

skidooboy thanks for the info , my sled the headlights flash off and on and my screen goes blank then it blinks afew times and comes back on. it is going to be a job to find out what is wrong with this thing .

It has done it every day so far , so I am hoping to have good luck tommorrow and good trails back to the soo.

have a great night

zrtkat

doesnt hurt to stop in and see gordon. you have to ride right by their door anyway. might find something to buy in there. :D

and he might know the issue and can fix ya right up. ski

Yeah - the trail S outta town does go ratt past his back door - quite literally...

Thanks guys. I'm hitting the sack. I'll deal with it in the morning. I'll let you know what happens tomorrownight, when I get to the soo. Goodnight,

zrtkat

The A trail west of Hearst (pic w/ tower in background) still looks good. They were grooming it on Friday when we passed thru to Kap.

Did you guys get any free samples from the Molson's truck?

I hope it wasn't snowing & blowing when you came down Wawa Lake. It was dusky when we rolled into Wawa, but it wasn't dark. Still rough going though. I can't imagine us trying to do the Magpie like some suggested w/ what we had to deal w/ the other day & no stake line.

The A trail west of Hearst (pic w/ tower in background) still looks good. They were grooming it on Friday when we passed thru to Kap.

Did you guys get any free samples from the Molson's truck?

I hope it wasn't snowing & blowing when you came down Wawa Lake. It was dusky when we rolled into Wawa, but it wasn't dark. Still rough going though. I can't imagine us trying to do the Magpie like some suggested w/ what we had to deal w/ the other day & no stake line.

The magpie is not staked this year? I also heard the trail between the magpie and WAWA is closed? I guess we will take the D trail then.

magpie isnt staked but lots of tracks. the trail from the magpie to wawa lake is open and groomed and signed very well. you are good to go. ski

Possibly a loose connection at the hood plugs near the hood hinge. either that or your losing all power, is the taillight going out too?, lights are AC and gauge is DC so I would doubt your losing both.

You timed it right coming in from the north as we groomed the north d trail the night before you rolled in. Must have been nice an smooth.

I will be running up the magpie tomorrow to meet up with the supertrax guys, I'll take some pics if I can, will be my first time up there this season. Man i gotta ride more.

gord

gord thanks I will check the connections when we leave this morning , I do not know about the taillights ,if they are going out too. The trails where nice last night coming into Wawa :woot:

thanks

zrtkat

yes it does. ski

Went up the Magpie Friday on the way to Hearst and back down it Sunday on way back to Wawa.

It is very rutted up from previous thaw and also has a couple of bare stretches on it.

However, it is ridable just use caution.

havent had an update tonight, hope them boys are ok. maybe they'll chime in from the soo in the morning to let us know they are ok. ski

BAH!

They just had a dbl helping of Gayle's blueberry pie on the way and had to stop around the WayWhite for a nap. LOL! 8-)

Archived