Wawa Trails update OPEN

FINNDIAN

Update Tuesday Feb 10,2009

It looks like we have weather near or above the freezing mark for Tuesday and Wednesday this week and then back to colder temps and snow. This should not affect our trail conditions as the base is hard and snow is plentifull.

Thanks for the info.

jonesy thanks we are planning a trip up your way monday the 16th hoping the warm-up will not close the trails .

zrtkat

We lost some snow last night. It was +4C when i came down to work at 10 pm and when I left at 1am it was +6C and raining. Only +1 now and looks like it's only going to get colder from now on in. I don't think the trails have suffered as long as the water doesn't start flowing too much in the small creeks we cross.

The trails will be rock hard now and probably last better at the end of the season.

Streets are still covered in town as well as all my parking lot at the shop.

Here's a pic this morning from in front of my house.

P2110001.jpg

P2110002.jpg

Passing through next week.

Thanks for the info.

Rode my sled home last night and back this morning, trails held up fine. Very hard this morning at -4 but my sled with 2" paddle stayed at normal temps due to the dusting of snow we got and are still getting.

I rode around Parry Sound on Monday with the 2010 Polaris Rush and I would say we still have better cover now than they had before the warm spell.

No worries about riding around here, still awesome and staying cold.

Had some riders from halfway haven yesterday afternoon, they said all was well.

Haven't got word from the riders from the west yet.

jonesy thanks for the up-dat we are coming thru Wawa late next week hope the trails hold up . :D

What was your thoughts on the polaris rush ???????????????

I have a new Dragon just had the reflash done hope it is ok for me on my trip.

thanks

zrtkat

That's great news - our group are heading up that way for a week February 28th - looking forward to a great trip :D

What was your thoughts on the polaris rush ???????????????

I have a new Dragon just had the reflash done hope it is ok for me on my trip.

thanks

zrtkat

Make sure your wire is connected to run on non-ehtanol fuel when you ride up here they don't run to well on our good gas on the ehtanol map.

I was skeptical going in but everyone needs to ride this sled. It is definately a break through in snowmobile suspensions. The new suspension makes adjustability much more effective and easy and adding ski pressure doesn't give up traction. By far the best sled I've ever ridden. I don't ussualy ride little 600's but this one may convince me.

What the heck is with the snow plowed "ice road"?

Does the clear ice attract fishies?

Lots of people plow roads to their huts. A guys home away from home, winter escape.

ussually close to 300 huts on wawa lake by fish derby time.

Just rode from Wawa back to the Soo on Thursday and the trails were in amazing shape, absolutley no bare spots except for the last few KMs before the soo on the north D trail coming from Goulais river.

The trails are smooth running but a little on the grooved side from sleds making slots with there carbides in the wet snow and then re-freezing. Also some ridges built up in the corners.

Thursday at 2 pm coming just south of Halfway Haven on trail D

sledtrip09020.jpg

From this past wednesday on trail 7 near the Magpie Damn

sledtrip09014.jpg

Lots of snow for sure still up there

yes we had a blast BTW

That's great news and great pics! Our gang is headed up there on the 28th - looking forward to an awesome week! :woot:

I guess if your sliders start to heat up you just head for the bush to cool them off?

Lots of people plow roads to their huts. A guys home away from home, winter escape.

ussually close to 300 huts on wawa lake by fish derby time.

I don't git that way too much these last few yrs - but I have crost Wawa Lake many times over the yrs. Now I doo try to stay away from the huts of course - but I have never in my life seen plowed "roads" to a hut.

Are they plowing it with a pickup? Would this simply be so that they CAN continue to drive a truck to their shacks instead of load everything up on a 4wheeler or skidoo? (A Polaris skidoo of course! :o )

------------

sledtrip09020.jpg

Flat light sucks doughnut? :whatever:

easy jonesy, don't blow too much smoke. wawa lake was terrrible thursday morning, a light crust of ice and 8" of slush killed the forarms very difficult ridding for the 10k, your trail 3 south of town the road is plowed bare, the sand on your roads is like pit run gravel, once your 20 k out of town things get better.

huh?

Flat Light Sucks, don't it? (doughnut)

Have to explain everything?

Flat light is the type of lighting where there seems to be no contrast and it makes contours (or in this case, ditches) invisible.

huh?

Flat Light Sucks, don't it? (doughnut)

Have to explain everything?

Flat light is the type of lighting where there seems to be no contrast and it makes contours (or in this case, ditches) invisible.

OHHHHHH I see :lol: hey give me a break, I've never heard it called that before.....hell I didnt even know there was a term for it. I call it glare but now I know the real word for it :D

Archived