Sault Ste. Marie trails are closed !!! Reopened 12/02/09

kyzer

I think that's a good idea so the soft trails don't get chewed up. I see over on DT about guys in the States wondering if they should go riding in the mild temps. I guess it's OK if you want to screw up the trails.

Last winter the OFSC shut the trails down for 1 weekend to preserve them during a mild spell. After the "normal" weather came back, the trails were in great shape.

kyzer I hope the warm weather does not do too much harm as we where planning on coming up on the 15th to ride :banghead:

Please keep us posted on trail conditions

thanks

zrtkat

One weather site says off on rain most of the week with mild temps....And another says thursday 12th it's going to get colder and snow the rest of the week into the weekend.... We will have to keep ar fingers crossed.........

Dec 2nd?

Dec 2nd?

day/month/year not month/day/year

it's a metric thing ox. i knew what it meant all along. :wtf::wavey:

lol

ski

The Soo trails have been re opened and are in limited use .............Calling for colder weather so hopefully they will be in good shape for the weekend .........

really too bad the soo chose not to send the groomers out overnight thursday, could have made us tourists very happy having to ride out of the soo friday. :angry:

How were the trails riding out of the soo. Had there been traffic on them to break them up for lube?

We are bringing a group up to ride Sat. Sun. Mon. and 5 of us have mtn sleds. 1 shorty who will do fine no matter what. But seeing if anything is forcasted for up that way etc for the week?

mxzeatr we are planning on riding out of the soo thursday if they get some snow that is in the forecast ,I will have my laptop with me and will up=date nightly . I hope we do not have to cancell because of no snow.

We will be heading towards Elliot lake the first day

hope this will help you out

zrtkat

Yunno - It just gits me - the number of riders that pack a laptop with them when touring? :o

10-12 yrs ago we were trying to come up with some way of communicating from the bush. We regularly traveled the Halfway trail before Halfway was there. We were the ones that broke that trail open a number of yrs strait in VERY tough conditions! (Like fresh 3' dump) We made camp on that trail a cpl times. (The 2nd time we were quite prepared!)

At that time the only thing going was a "bag phone" of sorts. Be it a $5000 Sat phone or a radio phone that was cheaper - they were all bag phones at the time. For the territory that we covered at that time, for the radio phone we would'a needed to buy service of a half dozen towers. Between the bulk of the units and the cost - we decided death was cheaper. (Besides - we were still immortal yet. Just keep packin camping gear. LOL!)

And to think many of you pack a putor! :wtf:

BTW - I think the night to night trail updates are kewl! :wavey:

BTW 2 - I have had a sat phone for 8-9 yrs now and not needed it yet. ..... Yet... :D

Archived