Trip Suggestions!

Highway

Wondering what trip we can do for this coming Thursday? Will be leaving Kearney in the am. Have rode throughtout Central Ontario for many years, Parry Sound,South River,Dorset,Minden,Bracebridge etc... Looking for a different route and town to have lunch in. Just wanted the locals to give us a different idea. Hoping all trails will be passable to ride, Thanks for your ideas! Dave

From. Kerney.. May I suggest riding down the Sequin trail to Sprucedale and taking the C101 to Ahmic Lake.. Have lunch at the Ahmic Lake Resort (awesome Schniztel) and then ride over to Sunridge and take the D123 back to Kearney.....

imo Kearney to Port Loring etc. is a real long ride for a day.....

From. Kerney.. May I suggest riding down the Sequin trail to Sprucedale and taking the C101 to Ahmic Lake.. Have lunch at the Ahmic Lake Resort (awesome Schniztel) and then ride over to Sunridge and take the D123 back to Kearney.....

I'll second LMV's suggestion, with one exception...instead of C101, take the 711 from Sprucedale to Magnetewan, and from there to Ahmic Lake Resort...IMO, much a more enjoyable route.

How is the 711 this year? Is there still a bunch of road running and is it better signed through that system. I always manage to somehow get confused with those roads but do end up finding the trail again LOL

Highway:

Here's what I'd Dooo

Take D North from Kearney to D123 to 306 cross Lake Bernard (it's staked) to the Grill House for lunch and gas up there if you need. Then take the C104D West to Magnatewan then 711 South to C103D. Then turn east to pick up D - stop at Sprucedale for a pit stop or not - then back in to Kearney.

Depending on what kind of riding you Doo - it could either be a long day or a short one ;)

Don't forget to take the trail to the Ice Caves off D north of Kearney - that's always a good photo opp and ride the local trails around Sand Lake which are always in great shape!

Another good route is take go south from D on the 83 and wind your way down to Port Sydney for lunch - stopping (of course) to see Scott at Sydney's for a great bowl of soup....then back up the D to Sprucedale and then back to Kearney on the D. Also a nice run. Our group did that one on Sunday and it was AWESOME!

So many trails.........soooo little time.............. :wavey:

Happy Trails!

I'll second LMV's suggestion, with one exception...instead of C101, take the 711 from Sprucedale to Magnetewan, and from there to Ahmic Lake Resort...IMO, much a more enjoyable route.

Also a great ride - I love riding that lake :D

What.. Cant take the roller coaster hills lol.. When I first started riding the C101, it make me motion sick lol.. I use to have to be off my sled and lay down.. Air North, good nickname for the trail.... I have ridden it countless times..

From the C101 you can take the lake trail to Ahmic Lake Resort.... And try the Cordon Blue Schnitzel, the King of The Schnitzels..

May I suggest riding down the Sequin trail to Sprucedale and taking the C101 to Ahmic Lake.

A great suggestion, that trail / loop is awsome BUT unless it's been groomed, you'll want to hold offf using the the 101 from Ahmic down to the Seguin. I ran it the week end before last and the southern 2/3'rds were brutal, not packed or groomed. My own fault, if I had read the trail report I would have seen "limited". BTW, it still reads "limited" but hopefully that changes soon, it's a great trail.

Wow what great ideas. Our group has done between 90 to 200 miles in a day.We can handle pretty much whats in front of us! Wanted to go to Rosseau but thats not an option. Whitestone Lake is another area we haven"t rode to in awile but sometimes the C101 tends to be a bit rough. Thanks for the ideas and if you are in the Kearney area we usaully stop by the Legion around 4ish to have some cold ones stop and say hi!! Cottage is 2 miles up the road on Fisher Lake. Thanks a ton and we will make do. Dave

BTW- I understand that the Crow's Nest in Restoule has re-opened under new management.

We intended to head there from Pickerel Lake for lunch last Saturday but decided it might be too far in -20 daytime temps. Did a loop up to South River, back to Magnetawan and out to Ahmic Harbour for lunch. Then back-track across the lake to Magnetawan, south across Lake Cecebe, MRR trails east to Katrine, and finally back up D123 thru Burk's Falls to Pickerel Lake. 200 klicks............so much for the short ride in the cold. Gotta say this: Magnetawan's trails were better than I have ever seen them. Great job, folks!

Archived