Smooth Rock Falls

SlowTouringGuy

Anyone know this year's status of the Moose Motel in Smooth Rock ?

A couple of phone messages have been left, but no response as yet.

Are they closed for a pre-season vacation or are they closed for the season ?

Moose Motel

You're kidding.

Moose Motel?

What next, Sheep Inn?

:lol: :poke:

Not too sure what is going on with the Moose Motel STG .Ihave had afew conflicting reports i will see what ican find out for sure and let you know.

Thank you ! That would be very much appreciated :!:

Well STG i just got off the phone with Bill from Extreme Tours and he said he spoke with the mayor of Smooth Rock and was advised that the Moose Motel is closed down.

If you need any other info give me a call.

Shoot !! That is a major disappointment. That's really gotta hurt Smooth Rock. The Moose was really the only game in town wasn't it ?

Far as i know it is. there isn't much left in smooth rock from what i understand.

lots of empty houses and commercial space. Smoothies restaurant on the highway there may be the only thing left.

There is a B&B (maybe ?) but from what I know if it, won't do for 7 guys. Time to get the maps back out and start looking in the area.

Another Northern town suffering from "Mill Closure Disease"

Sad isn't it.

X2

It was a matter of time wasn't it.

Great, we were planning on staying there in 2 weeks time. How are is the next town going towards hearst?

We stayed at the Apollo Motel in Kapuskasing last year. That motel had alot of rooms, 50 or so. We walked across the parking lot and ate dinner at Casey's which is a steak house that is right next door on the west side of the Apollo. Then the next morning walked across the parking lot and ate breakfast at a breakfast dinner that was located in the east side of the Apollo. The rooms were average priced and were nice and roomy. The motel isn't no Hilton but it wasn't a hole in the wall neither. All in all we had a very nice stay in Kapuskasing last year. That town gets a thumbs up from me.

We came in from the east side as we had left Timmons around 9:00am and arrived in Kap around 4:00. If I remember it was about 195 mile day. Kap. has a McDonalds, Yamaha Dealership and fuel.

How far is it from smooth rock falls to kap?

How far is it from smooth rock falls to kap?

103 Km

thanks.

The Blue Moon Motel has been closed for a few years. Kapuskasing has many different motels. Comfort Inn, Apollo, Mattagami, Advantage, Park Inn.

Is Smoothie's and the gas station still open?

Yes, it's still open, they have great food there as well! It's a great place to stop between Cochrane and Kap. You have to make a stop at the Moonbeam Snowmobile Club too, it's right on the trail!!

As Shivesy stated, the Apollo is a great place to stay. Right beside Casey's and there's a nice breakfast place next door too! 2 doors down is a happening Kareoke bar. As a wise man once said "It seemed like a good idea at the time! :wtf: !

:twisted:

The Apollo also has a hot tub & indoor pool. just east of the Apollo is the Advantage Motel. I haven't stayed there, but it looks much better than when it it was the Two Rivers or Two Bridges back in 2000.

The Apollo also has a hot tub & indoor pool. just east of the Apollo is the Advantage Motel. I haven't stayed there, but it looks much better than when it it was the Two Rivers or Two Bridges back in 2000.

Hey Revrnd,no pool anymore.Well not last winter I should have said,will need confirmation this winter.They told me last year it was too much work for too little use.$$$$$$ :wtf:

Hey Revrnd,no pool anymore.Well not last winter I should have said,will need confirmation this winter.They told me last year it was too much work for too little use.$$$$$$ :wtf:

We're there on the return portion of our trip. We've never used the pool but the hot tub came in handy. We've stayed there a few times & people never seemed to use the pool.

Archived