The Meltdown - Where to Ride

Canuck

After the recent meltdown, I'm picturing southern Ontario as a doughnut - the ring in the centre has no snow, but the outer ring may have survived the thaw.

How far out does one have to go this weekend for decent sledding?

Prefer to trailer, park, and do day trips from the lodging, to avoid being 'stuck' if we hit a rough patch. Thursday - Sunday.

Dunno about anywhere else,but Wiarton is bitched... :curse: :angry::banghead:

Figures I have almost 2 weeks off and nowhere to sled... :puke:

:woot::woot:

Give Peter a call and he'll set you up with a great place to stay for the weekend, awesome meals too

http://www.swissinn.northcom.net/

http://www.ofsc.on.ca/Trails/TrailDetails.asp?Dist=2

12/29/2008 11:49:26 AM

Cloyne (Mazinaw Powerline S/C) - Limited

E - West of Hwy 41 - OPEN

E - East of Hwy 41 - OPEN

E101 - Kaladar to Flinton Rd - CLOSED

E101 - Flinton Rd to Northbrook - CLOSED

E101 - Northbrook to Cloyne - LIMITED - Open from north of Northbrook

E101 - Cloyne to Denbigh - OPEN

1002 - OPEN

1003 - OPEN

1004 - CLOSED

1006 - OPEN

1006A - OPEN

1026 - CLOSED

1027 - CLOSED

1028 - CLOSED

1007 - OPEN

1008 - OPEN

1009 - OPEN

1009A - CLOSED

1025 - CLOSED

1023 - CLOSED

1010 - CLOSED

1011 - OPEN

1021 - CLOSED

1022 - CLOSED

Thanks Nutter.

I note some trails are open.

I also like how they phrase the other trails - "Closed Temporarily".

"We're not snowmobilers. We're optimists" :lol:

(Someone recently mentioned that the Bancroft area trails are something to behold, and I note that the inn is just east of that trail system. Thanks again - definitely in the immediate future).

:woot::woot:

Give Peter a call and he'll set you up with a great place to stay for the weekend, awesome meals too

http://www.swissinn.northcom.net/

The Swiss Inn are awesome folks to deal with and also Supporters/Sponsors of the Prostate Extreme Team .

I'm definately making the trip this season !

Peter is good People ! :right_on:

Haliburton is done! And just when the lakes were tightening up too! We lost almost two feet of snow! There is a lot of water and swamps, ponds and creeks are overflowing!!! This weeks super cold will for sure re freeze things, but we need another 18" of good snow to get the trails back to rideable shape. What a mess and disappointment! Looks like at least ten days to two weeks until the system will be rideable. Even the TOPB rail trail is UNDER WATER in many stretches! This is not unlike last year when there was the massive week long thaw! This time it seems as though all the rain fell in under two days as opposed to last year when it was spread over the week. Trail base is good and solid and frost is back in the ground in most places. Just need a heap of snow.

There is a thaw every winter...let's hope that is it!

*****I'm not knocking Ontario in any way with this reply as I perfer to ride at home******

...but when you have to ride, you have to ride.

Mr Fixit and I just returned from the U.P. of Michigan. $25 trail pass for the season and awesome riding and hospitality.

I would suggest that if you want to ride, this is by far a great place to go.

If you want more info, just ask>

Ditch

*****I'm not knocking Ontario in any way with this reply as I perfer to ride at home******

Mr Fixit and I just returned from the U.P. of Michigan. $25 trail pass for the season and awesome riding and hospitality.

Ditch

Please post details. Always interested in riding areas.

Thanks.

Well we trailer to a place called Newberry in the U.P. and stayed at a place Called the Super 8. It had a heated pool, really hot hot tub and clean rooms.

There was a bar in the front that apparantly is pretty busy on the weekends, and also a gas station / variaty store (with beer) basically attached to the hotel parking lot.

They don't mind you having beer down in the hot tub either.

Lot's of amazing trails to run and we didn't cross a single area of water.

I don't think it stoped snowing the entire time we were there.

Very cheap trip in all.

If you search UP snowmobiling there is a great site that has alot of information including lodging, trail reports and a few other things to check out.

Well worth the drive

Ditch

Thanks.

Dave, if you want to ride in the UP, let me know. I have free accomodations and a tour guide. 40 miles west of the sault. Call me or PM me and I will set things up.

Ditch

Thanks.

Dave, if you want to ride in the UP, let me know. I have free accomodations and a tour guide. 40 miles west of the sault. Call me or PM me and I will set things up.

With you two gone, the population of Pefferlaw goes down by half, once again.

:lol:

Ditch

Thanks.

With you two gone, the population of Pefferlaw goes down by half, once again.

:lol:

And ceyhoopers is out west too . Of course in Pefferlaw thats urban renewal! (they don't like branches in the family tree!)

Ditch

Thanks.

Hey I think I know this spot,and the guide, :rotflmao:

Ditch

Thanks.

Hey I think I know this spot,and the guide, :rotflmao:

ummm so do I :crazy:

Archived