Poper Paper Work

Dooer

Please remember that you must carry the green receipt from when you purchased your tail permit. This receipt has your sled serial number on it as well and the serial number for your permit - they must match.

Another thing to remember (specially women who don't normally carry their wallet on them) is your drivers licence.

There is an excellent article in the current issue of SnowGoer magazine that tells the story of a guy getting a ticket for not having his licence number located in the proper spot. He got a $110 ticket.

SOMEBODY PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS I MUST CARRY THE GREEN RECEIPT WITH ME AT ALL TIMES WHILE RIDING ON AN OFSC TRAIL! I WANT TO SEE IT IN THE OFF ROAD VEHICLE ACT OR SOME OTHER PROVINCIAL ACT. THE OFSC IS NOT A REGULATORY BODY AND CANNOT MAKE LAWS BY PRINTING SOMETHING ON A PAPER.

For the last time, the green paper says "Please carry this...." IT DOES NOT SAY "YOU MUST CARRY....."

/rant

You don't have to yell OK..

SOMEBODY PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS I MUST CARRY THE GREEN RECEIPT WITH ME AT ALL TIMES WHILE RIDING ON AN OFSC TRAIL! I WANT TO SEE IT IN THE OFF ROAD VEHICLE ACT OR SOME OTHER PROVINCIAL ACT. THE OFSC IS NOT A REGULATORY BODY AND CANNOT MAKE LAWS BY PRINTING SOMETHING ON A PAPER.

For the last time, the green paper says "Please carry this...." IT DOES NOT SAY "YOU MUST CARRY....."

/rant

/rant

Yahooooo finally somebody who can read! I have had this arguement many times with several people. Mine is a printed sheet from ordering online also. My second pass was purchased through a re seller and is green.

For the last time' date=' the green paper says "Please carry this...." IT DOES NOT SAY "YOU MUST CARRY....."

/rant[/quote']

I think I do. Topics that are presented as law, but are merely recommendations drive me crazy. This is propagated by ignorance. I'm not saying the original poster is ignorant, but he was probably told this by the person who sold him the permit or his buddy, or ??...

I am sure there is a group of people out there that believe that this should be mandatory, and I would disagree. Just because someone wants something, does not mean it is actually so or should be.

I can drive a car on the roads anywhere in North America with my Driver's License, Insurance Card, Registration, license Plates and validation tag. Total 5

I can drive an ATV on the roads in Ontario with my Driver's License, Insurance Card, Registration & license Plate. Total 4.

In order to drive a Snowmobile off the road, mostly on private property but on trails I need Driver's License, Insurance Card, Registration, license stickers, validation tag and OFSC Trail Permit. Total 6

Summary:

Car 5

ATV 4

Snowmobile 6

Now who thinks it should be 7?? :curse: :banghead:

At the end of the day all that really matters is what the LEO who is looking at your paper work thinks

If he thinks you should have the "green paper" and you dont he is probably going to give you a ticket for it

He might be wrong for doing it but its going to cost you a day in court to prove him wrong :x

Ya know, sometimes the OFSC wants more people involved with this sport and to watch it grow. And then somebody comes up with somthing like this at an AGM. I have enough BS stress in my life now without have to worry about if I have my "green slip of paper" that comes with my permit.

I am glad to show my registration, insurance, and display my OFSC trail permit. I only show my Drivers License if asked by an OPP Stop patrol. Those guys are the only guys IMO who should be able to see that information. Would you show your Drivers License to just any stranger on the street? After all. most snowmobling happens off-road andyway, why should you have to have an Ontario Drivers License at all? ( I know its the law but it is stupid) Most of the Trail Patrol guys I have met from local clubs are pretty good about looking for you trail pass sticker and letting you go on by.

On our rentals we supply a photocopy of the ownership an original insurance slip and of course the license , valtag and trail permit . Now some fricken bureaucrat wants us to give out the green slip too ? We have to replace about a half a dozen ownership packages per year for various reasons. I have a message for those bureaucrats

73_76aa8ca851fb97419ec14ce03fdc7b83

At the end of the day all that really matters is what the LEO who is looking at your paper work thinks

If he thinks you should have the "green paper" and you dont he is probably going to give you a ticket for it

He might be wrong for doing it but its going to cost you a day in court to prove him wrong :x

And too my point, What will he charge me with and under what act? The court day would be easy as there is no basis. The official complaint to the Chief of Police would be swift and the response just. Been there done that.

If I did something for which I deserve a ticket and actually get one ;) I would not fight it.

And too my point, What will he charge me with and under what act? The court day would be easy as there is no basis. The official complaint to the Chief of Police would be swift and the response just. Been there done that.

If I did something for which I deserve a ticket and actually get one ;) I would not fight it.

Says the guy that sells illegal ATV's :wavey:

I get absolutely sick of the restriction on our lives that is being applied by bureaucrats with no lives . I even took a wrong parking ticket to court once and won.

what is this green paper? i only got a yellow one back when i got my permit.

Ya know, sometimes the OFSC wants more people involved with this sport and to watch it grow. And then somebody comes up with somthing like this at an AGM. I have enough BS stress in my life now without have to worry about if I have my "green slip of paper" that comes with my permit.I am glad to show my registration, insurance, and display my OFSC trail permit. I only show my Drivers License if asked by an OPP Stop patrol. Those guys are the only guys IMO who should be able to see that information. Would you show your Drivers License to just any stranger on the street? After all. most snowmobling happens off-road andyway, why should you have to have an Ontario Drivers License at all? ( I know its the law but it is stupid) Most of the Trail Patrol guys I have met from local clubs are pretty good about looking for you trail pass sticker and letting you go on by.

This has nothing to do the OFSC or AGM, it is the MTO that owns the permit and governs it, under recomendation of the OFSC. I have yet to hear anyone at AGM suggest to ask the MTO that the green sheet must be carried by law.

Personally I always carry green sheet/customer copy, it's the only piece of proof you have that you've bought a permit if yours gets stolen, ripped off or falls off. Imagine being on a multi-day saddle bag trip or even 5 or 6 hours from the house, and having to call the volunteer permit co-ordinator from the club you bought your permit from, and have him go through 100's sometimes 1000's of permits so he can fax you a copy (that's even if you can get a hold of him and are near a fax), if that goes well you can then call in for a police report, then head to a local vendor and get a replacement permit. Or imagine pulling the green sheet out from your wallet unfolding it and calling the local police, report it missing or stolen, then prociding to the nearest permit vender and handing him your green sheet and giving him the police incident number and walking out with a permit.

It's just a little piece of paper guy's, saves a ton of time if an issue ever happens.

Wow, I knew this post was going to be controversial but I was just making a statement. When you purchased your permit, you should have kept or receive the orange copy and the green copy. The green copy states at the top "Customer Receipt - please carry this proof of purchase with you." Nutter stated it very well - it's only a piece of paper and may help you our of a bind. Never mine say you some $$$$$.

Enjoy this snow.

Ya know, sometimes the OFSC wants more people involved with this sport and to watch it grow. And then somebody comes up with somthing like this at an AGM. I have enough BS stress in my life now without have to worry about if I have my "green slip of paper" that comes with my permit.I am glad to show my registration, insurance, and display my OFSC trail permit. I only show my Drivers License if asked by an OPP Stop patrol. Those guys are the only guys IMO who should be able to see that information. Would you show your Drivers License to just any stranger on the street? After all. most snowmobling happens off-road andyway, why should you have to have an Ontario Drivers License at all? ( I know its the law but it is stupid) Most of the Trail Patrol guys I have met from local clubs are pretty good about looking for you trail pass sticker and letting you go on by.

This has nothing to do the OFSC or AGM, it is the MTO that owns the permit and governs it, under recomendation of the OFSC. I have yet to hear anyone at AGM suggest to ask the MTO that the green sheet must be carried by law.

Personally I always carry green sheet/customer copy, it's the only piece of proof you have that you've bought a permit if yours gets stolen, ripped off or falls off. Imagine being on a multi-day saddle bag trip or even 5 or 6 hours from the house, and having to call the volunteer permit co-ordinator from the club you bought your permit from, and have him go through 100's sometimes 1000's of permits so he can fax you a copy (that's even if you can get a hold of him and are near a fax), if that goes well you can then call in for a police report, then head to a local vendor and get a replacement permit. Or imagine pulling the green sheet out from your wallet unfolding it and calling the local police, report it missing or stolen, then prociding to the nearest permit vender and handing him your green sheet and giving him the police incident number and walking out with a permit.

It's just a little piece of paper guy's, saves a ton of time if an issue ever happens.

Hey Nutter, I have often wondered that if the MTO owns the permits or however it is worded, why can't they incorporate one sticker that would be your yearly license sticker and trail permit into one that covers both. This way the little sticker that goes on the sled ownership paper would match the permit as well. For those who don't wish to buy a permit then issue them the ones we get now and make the combo sticker a little diffent size or colour in order to tell the differance at checkpoints. I would guess the only issue would be that it would be a little challenging to distribute the money to the clubs. Basically a combo permit/license sticker would eliminate two stickers on the sled, that little green pc of paper and most of all those awful scrape marks on your windshield from removing the old permit every year with a blade.

Just a thought, what does everyone else think?

For the last time' date=' the green paper says "Please carry this...." IT DOES NOT SAY "YOU MUST CARRY....."

/rant[/quote']

I think I do. Topics that are presented as law, but are merely recommendations drive me crazy. This is propagated by ignorance. I'm not saying the original poster is ignorant, but he was probably told this by the person who sold him the permit or his buddy, or ??...

I am sure there is a group of people out there that believe that this should be mandatory, and I would disagree. Just because someone wants something, does not mean it is actually so or should be.

Actually the original poster being the treasurer of the Hillsburgh Snowroamers and a very active volunteer of the OFSC did not hear this from his buddy or the permit seller because... HE is the PERMIT SELLER! He is only stating what he was told by the OFSC at the AGM meeting. Maybe the person who sold YOU the permit was uninformed... It clearly states that the paper is used for proof of purchase. Don't bother trying to fight with the law, just go along with it. Is it really that big of a deal to carry around a single sheet of paper?

But suit yourself, if you want to chance it go ahead, don't start controversy of a simple courtesy reminder.

Anyways, Thank you for posting this reminder as I personally do not need a $110 ticket.

/rant[/quote']

Actually the original poster being the treasurer of the Hillsburgh Snowroamers and a very active volunteer of the OFSC did not hear this from his buddy or the permit seller because... HE is the PERMIT SELLER! He is only stating what he was told by the OFSC at the AGM meeting. Maybe the person who sold YOU the permit was uninformed... It clearly states that the paper is used for proof of purchase. Don't bother trying to fight with the law, just go along with it. Is it really that big of a deal to carry around a single sheet of paper?

But suit yourself, if you want to chance it go ahead, don't start controversy of a simple courtesy reminder.

Anyways, Thank you for posting this reminder as I personally do not need a $110 ticket.

I don't disagree that carrying the proof of purchase with you, or back at your tow vehicle is a good idea. I do however challenge the notion that you will get $110 ticket for not having it. I am just asking under what act will I be charged if I am unable to produce it?

/rant[/quote']

I don't disagree that carrying the proof of purchase with you, or back at your tow vehicle is a good idea. I do however challenge the notion that you will get $110 ticket for not having it. I am just asking under what act will I be charged if I am unable to produce it?

I do not believe that it is the law either. But these trail nazis need something to give innocent fun loving sledders grief . Heck if they bug us enough maybe we will quit :x

WTB

small filing cabinet, with straps to fit on sled.

gg

gf

gh

S :mrgreen:

That pretty much sums it up, wenailem! TFF ... :rotflmao:

WTB

small filing cabinet, with straps to fit on sled.

gg

gf

gh

S :mrgreen:

ThatsFunny.jpg

I'd like to order mine in Yellow Please! :wavey:

Archived