Thank all volunteers today

Wildbill

But don't forget to thank the volunteers and landowners!!!!!!!!!!! Whenever and wherever and however you can.

I thank at least one landowner by giving them a sizable cheque each year. How are you holding up your end of the bargain? :P

I have not gotten your cheque !! :) The issue with awarding one substantially is that it breeds jealousy . The gas draw seems to be well received

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess I should of left it at "Thanks" but as others have said, I do because I want to and enjoy it. The same as every other organization that I volunteer for.

Having said that the volunteers that take the huge brunt on the "negative" are those that have to seek and maintain "landowner permission".

I'm really finding that from one year to the next issues change as quick as the weather. We are in the process of doing extensive "gating" of properties in an attempt to maintain previously granted permission. And all of this requires "cash", the posts, the gates and the machines to plant them, otherwise we'll be running a lot of roads. :curse: :curse:

Back to the liability issue for a sec. Clubs are now being required to have a "Risk Management person",a signage coordinator" (ultimately they answer that "all signs" within their club are properly placed), trail patrolers etc. Any accidents on our trails have to be investigated whether they are reported to the authorities or not. What we are being told is that even if hear in a coffee shop we are to pass this on to the appropriate person with our club to be investigated. Thankfully this wasn't in place years ago or they'd just be following me around every time I went out!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Where this becomes an issue is who wants the added responsiblity and duties when they are already doing twenty different things within their own club.

As with any club it's a small percentage of the members that do 90 percent of the work and burn out by the time the snow flies.

I'm in the fortunate position of being semi-retarded, oooops retired and have the time to dedicate to various things. I've burnt out several times in the past when I just plain and simple take on too much. And as we all know when that happens things suffer (liver included).

Sorry for the ramble..

As UTS wrote, enuff said "let's go sledding"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wavey::wavey::wavey:

So I guess I should of left it at "Thanks" but as others have said, I do because I want to and enjoy it. The same as every other organization that I volunteer for.

Having said that the volunteers that take the huge brunt on the "negative" are those that have to seek and maintain "landowner permission".

I'm really finding that from one year to the next issues change as quick as the weather. We are in the process of doing extensive "gating" of properties in an attempt to maintain previously granted permission. And all of this requires "cash", the posts, the gates and the machines to plant them, otherwise we'll be running a lot of roads. :curse: :curse:

Back to the liability issue for a sec. Clubs are now being required to have a "Risk Management person",a signage coordinator" (ultimately they answer that "all signs" within their club are properly placed), trail patrolers etc. Any accidents on our trails have to be investigated whether they are reported to the authorities or not. What we are being told is that even if hear in a coffee shop we are to pass this on to the appropriate person with our club to be investigated. Thankfully this wasn't in place years ago or they'd just be following me around every time I went out!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Where this becomes an issue is who wants the added responsiblity and duties when they are already doing twenty different things within their own club.

As with any club it's a small percentage of the members that do 90 percent of the work and burn out by the time the snow flies.

I'm in the fortunate position of being semi-retarded, oooops retired and have the time to dedicate to various things. I've burnt out several times in the past when I just plain and simple take on too much. And as we all know when that happens things suffer (liver included).

Sorry for the ramble..

As UTS wrote, enuff said "let's go sledding"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wavey::wavey::wavey:

I hope your not the signage co-ordinator. Arent you missing a sign? :P

Oh and Thank you! :P

You just had to bring that sign thing up again didn't you :curse: :curse:

I wonder if it eloped with the Domain?? :umno::umno:

Need to check Giddy Up's hot tub. The possibility does exist that Giddy Up and Maple have been abusing "The Sign" (totally unconfirmed rumour)

Oh, Thank You! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Need to check Giddy Up's hot tub. The possibility does exist that Giddy Up and Maple have been abusing "The Sign" (totally unconfirmed rumour)

:umno:

(but it's a possibility at the OCR4K '09)

I had to!............ :D

I heard the sign was considering legal action against the giddy up crew!

Has anyone thanked the sign yet?

No, thank you..... :woot::woot::woot:

No, thank you, LMV! Your pioneering efforts have brought snowmobilers closer together and have given us the opportunity to discuss snowmobiling on many levels on a province-wide basis. Something a club meeting could never achieve.

While the resistance is incredibly high, I honestly believe that in the future snowmobile clubs will organize through the medium that we know as the internet. What you, and the rest of the OntarioConditions team, have achieved here is just the first step to pushing the sport of snowmobiling into the future. I applaud you for you incredible foresight and bravery to push the status-quo. While it may not be obvious now, future OFSC volunteers will look back on what you have created and recognize it as one of the most important evolutions to come to snowmobile trails in the province of Ontario.

yo yo yo.. Thanks.. now I feel better...

Well actually I feel great.. I am at the boathouse now, chopped through the ice, am catching jumbo perch, listening to tunes.. Starting to make fresh Ohio State Buckeye Perch Soup and doing the larger perch fillets on the BBQ using wood planks.. I almost don't want the auto industry to come back yet... :rotflmao::rotflmao: Riding time soon!!!!!

Thanks again.. :rotflmao::rotflmao::wavey:

A sincere thank you to all volunteers, clubs and organizers!!

And oh, thank you LMV

A sincere thank you to all volunteers, clubs and organizers!!

And oh, thank you LMV

Thank you for thanking LMV...................and he is apparently looking for someone to spank him so Ill forward you his #!

Thank you!

Thank you for thanking LMV

Thank you for thanking ontariof7 for thanking LMV. Without all these volunteers thanking other volunteers, nothing would get done.

thank you!................too bad your not a landowner! ;) :P

Will you spank LMV?.....................Maybe the sign will? :P

Sorry Rick, must be a full moon out last night? 8-)

oh and................thank you!

Did I see sreebs mentioned somewhere! Thank you Mr John Labatt!, Maurice Molson, Bud Weiser, Carl Burg, Heinnie Kin, Jeff Beck, The Busch Sisters and of course the rock band Queen for Bohemian :puke:

Will you spank LMV?.....................Maybe the sign will? :P

Sorry Rick, must be a full moon out last night? 8-)

oh and................thank you!

Hey UTS.. You and everyone else that know me, knows that I am the spanker not the spankee...

Thanks anyways... You Asian Rabbit.....

Did I see sreebs mentioned somewhere! Thank you Mr John Labatt!, Maurice Molson, Bud Weiser, Carl Burg, Heinnie Kin, Jeff Beck, The Busch Sisters and of course the rock band Queen for Bohemian :puke:

I would like the following bands for writing my favorite songs....

Thak you Goo Goo Dolls for writing Iris

Thank you Smash Mouth for I can't get enough of you baby

Thank you Roger Waters for every song you ever wrote or played....

And a special thanks to STG for showing me my future, I am pretty sure I will be a wacky and wild older person someday...

And thanks to Skidooer for the nice thank you....

Are we having an oc.com group hug day :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: Must be the snow....

I just wanted to thank whomever invented multi-ply toilet paper. Im not sure if it was voluntary or not but man that stuff is good!

Thank you for multi-ply toilet paper!

Oh and.................thank you the person who invented dodge ball as well.

I never liked that sport but thanks anyway. That had to have been a volunteer thing wasnt it. I mean who would pay someone to invent dodge ball?...........Well thank anyway!

I just wanted to thank whomever invented multi-ply toilet paper. Im not sure if it was voluntary or not but man that stuff is good!

Thank you for multi-ply toilet paper!

Oh and.................thank you the person who invented dodge ball as well.

I never liked that sport but thanks anyway. That had to have been a volunteer thing wasnt it. I mean who would pay someone to invent dodge ball?...........Well thank anyway!

Have you thanked me lately for not banning you from the forum like all those people wanted.. :rotflmao::rotflmao:

I would also like to thank the infidels that have been banned from this fine forum over the years.. It was a great pleasure to throw each and everyone one of you off this forum.. I just wish there wasd more of you to throw off but I guess they don`t make people like you too often..

And a special thanks goes out to that biggest of infidels.. The Judas of our fine sport of snowmobiling.. The man that makes everyone hate him.. The one and only Custom John.. I especially enjoyed throwing him off the forum.... :woot::woot::woot:

Archived