That's all folks...

skidooer

I'm afraid I did. And it looks like the storm spanned all the way up into the Muskokas.

Only logged about 100kms and didn't even get to ride the trails once. Worst winter ever!

But hey, at least the forum is back! 8-)

It only takes a couple of days to get things up and rolling again! ;)

I'm lucky, I've got just over 2800km. so far this season! Last year at this time I had 0000! :evil:

It's nice to have a job that revolves around my PLAY schedule! 8-)

I missed the forum too. Sadly, this horrendous thaw has been terribly damaging. I am very doubtfull that sledding will return this season. Winter will return but how much and for how long is debateable. Enough time to freeze up and groom??? I dunno!

We had that thunder storm roll through here last night. Man did it rain! :o There is now grass showing in Barrie :cry: Unless it gets cold real fast we will be start from scratch :evil:

Perhaps, but we're still looking into March (Unless you doubt the thunderstorm theory? With any luck 2008 will be the year it finally fails!), which gives us, at most, two more weeks of solid riding.

Open trails help as well. They never did open here. :(

Well I sure ame glad I got my sled fired up a few weeks ago...........what a waste

Perhaps, but we're still looking into March (Unless you doubt the thunderstorm theory? With any luck 2008 will be the year it finally fails!), which gives us, at most, two more weeks of solid riding.

Didn't hear any thunder at my place, so lets go with the idea it didn't happen... ;)

Open trails help as well. They never did open here. :(

That really sucks! We had our trails open for, I'm guessing, about 10 days and I rode everyone of them. I never would have guessed we would be riding open trails in the south before Christmas, so I will remain an optimist and say we will be riding open trails in January! 8-)

Come On People!! Think Positive!

We still have a lot of time left. Last year we didn't even have snow yet!

Well I'm glad that i made the best of the holidays, put 500 miles on the new sled! Missed out on about two weeks though in getting rid of the old and in with the new... but lets hope this changes!

The weather constantly changes, lets hope it changes for the better!

THINK NOW! THINK SNOW! THINK SNOW!

We may have to go further north than in past years, but let's hope we still get a season in.

last year at this time i was using my tin boat in lake scugog fishin for eyes, i am optimistic that there will be season very soon, and if not my lake will be frozen solid again in a week

Come on everyone, its not even the middle of January yet. Be positive, I still plan on getting my 2,000 miles in this year and I'm only at 200

hey!!!! we need positive energy right now

last year was by far the worst I have expereinced in 20+ years

this year so far has been the best so you can't say it is the worst...

a little rain wasn't going to destroy 4+ feet of december snowfall in central ontario

the trails have held up, will freeze up and we will be getting more snow soon!

trails in the central and north central regions will be open next weekend!!!

as a note 2 years ago my real first ride was Dec 9... this year Dec 1. 2 years ago I put on 3000kms and ended the year on March 26th.

I already have 900 good quality kms on my sled this year while last year I didnt' have 1 mile before Jan 22nd. the lake wasn't even frozen by this time last year!!!!

at the end of the day the the trails will be closed for 1 week. we will be back up and runing for next weekend I predict and the conditions will be decent.

we only need 6-12" of new snow on many trails as long as it gets cold before - as predicted

keep ya head up!! ;)

John? :|

last year was by far the worst I have expereinced in 20+ years

The worst? The trails were open for around eight weeks last year. That's almost unheard of in recent times. I also remember the 15 or so foot high snowbanks along pretty much every road. What a beautiful sight that was! The snow was sparse out in the open areas, yes, but all in all it was a pretty classic winter. Certainly not the best, but far from the worst.

Archived