CJ’s diner - King Kirkland

Sksman

While riding this week came across CJ’s diner just east of Kirkland Lake in King Kirkland.

Good food and a pretty good variety   We had Saturday night Steak dinner special.   Good steak  great value.

Thay also are open for breakfast  

It’s a little late for this year but hopefully OFSC adds CJ’s to the map.   

Should be liquor licensed soon   

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sksman said:

While riding this week came across CJ’s diner just east of Kirkland Lake in King Kirkland.

Good food and a pretty good variety   We had Saturday night Steak dinner special.   Good steak  great value.

Thay also are open for breakfast  

It’s a little late for this year but hopefully OFSC adds CJ’s to the map.   

Should be liquor licensed soon   

I have always been under the impression that restaurants, hotels etc. paid for being on the map. It would be nice if it just took the local club's passing the necessary info to their District office to get businesses added.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I have always been under the impression that restaurants, hotels etc. paid for being on the map. It would be nice if it just took the local club's passing the necessary info to their District office to get businesses added.

Especially gas stations👍

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 6:48 AM, yamadan700 said:

Especially gas stations👍

Agreed. I am always trying to make mental notes when I ride a new area and pass a gas station. But it would be much nicer if available gas stations were listed on the map.

In Kirkland Lake this weekend, to the west of town there is a trail shown on the map (L114) off the A which leads to a gas station. There are signs at the intersection for the gas station and obviously the trail is maintained by the club. Yet, it is not shown on the ITG. I find that frustrating.

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Agreed. I am always trying to make mental notes when I ride a new area and pass a gas station. But it would be much nicer if available gas stations were listed on the map.

In Kirkland Lake this weekend, to the west of town there is a trail shown on the map (L114) off the A which leads to a gas station. There are signs at the intersection for the gas station and obviously the trail is maintained by the club. Yet, it is not shown on the ITG. I find that frustrating.

That is the club's responsibility to get their District office to add the trail I believe but the trail has to be GPS'd with the system the District uses before it gets on the ITG. Need a tecky volunteer ready and able to spend their time and fuel to do the job.

12 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

That is the club's responsibility to get their District office to add the trail I believe but the trail has to be GPS'd with the system the District uses before it gets on the ITG. Need a tecky volunteer ready and able to spend their time and fuel to do the job.

The trail is shown on the ITG but it doesn't show that it goes to the gas station.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The trail is shown on the ITG but it doesn't show that it goes to the gas station.

I see what you are saying now but unless MacPhersons Esso pay to advertise on the map it won't likely happen. I guess they figure they dont need to be on the map when the club maintains the trail for them and they can have a sign at the trail intersection. I wonder if the groomers fuel there?