Gas in Pte au Baril

gtserider

Just a little reminder,to those that sled up north east of Parry Sound, that gas will no longer be available at Larrys Tavern. The MTO has bought the place in its everending quest to spend our tax dollars.However we are looking at an alternate supply, if the Shell is out of gas or closed.

that gas will no longer be available at Larrys Tavern. The MTO has bought the place

My first beer in a licensed establishment. Another memory lost to progress.

(thanks for info . - could be an issue if the Shell is out of gas).

Wonder what Larry did with all his "collectibles." I would have loved to buy some of the items he had around the bar.

The owners name is Paul . It always annoyed him to be called Larry .I guess when he bought it decades ago the old owners name was Larry.

that gas will no longer be available at Larrys Tavern. The MTO has bought the place

My first beer in a licensed establishment. Another memory lost to progress.

(thanks for info . - could be an issue if the Shell is out of gas).

Alway's had a good time at Larry's and as WB said Paul owned it,it's to bad,i see the drag is not in the shed,it will be interesting if if he is open this coming winter,i know the mto has there hands on it as well as the fab shop across the road but what i understand nothing will be happening until next year,i know eta for the new road is 3-4yr's.I know for sure i would be using the shell as a last resort,there's alway's fuel up at Harris Lk during day lite hrs.

The club took down the groomer shack-shed last week. MTO owns the place now ,the deal closed on Sept 30.Paul had a sale a couple of weeks ago for the collectables.

Gas is also available at Naiscoot Marina,a coulple kms down the lake from C trail.

The club took down the groomer shack-shed last week. MTO owns the place now ,the deal closed on Sept 30.Paul had a sale a couple of weeks ago for the collectables.

So I take it that the business is closed?

• 2 weeks later...

Larry's Tavern is no more, Paul cleared out a couple weeks ago and I'm sure the MTO will demolish it in the near future. Combined with the demise of Eden Roc Motel next door leaves Pointe Au Baril without a motel. Sledders will have the choice of Pleasant Cove Resort or Ken Lea Camp, who have only a couple winterized cabins.

Archived