Wing Night St Clements Clubhouse Friday Mar 6

Blackstar

Awesome people. We ran into trouble at my house and got there late to find the wings sold out.450 pounds of wings gone. From all reports , it was the biggest turn out ever for the club. :D

Lets hope for a quick return of snow and cold after the melt down.

I was there at 7 and there wasn't even standing room! :wtf: There were people lined up OUTSIDE of the clubhouse, I looked in the front window and there was NO place to even stand! :o

Jumped back on the sled and went to EJ's in Baden and had an awesome feed of ...........WINGS! :poke:

Glad you guys had a good turnout! :woot:

I was there at 7 and there wasn't even standing room! :wtf: There were people lined up OUTSIDE of the clubhouse, I looked in the front window and there was NO place to even stand! :o

Jumped back on the sled and went to EJ's in Baden and had an awesome feed of ...........WINGS! :poke:

Ever thought someone was trying to tell you something? :wtf::wtf: :P

Thanks for trying ER.

Huge turn out. I wish we had a way of expanding capacity for wing nights.

Thanks for trying ER.

Huge turn out. I wish we had a way of expanding capacity for wing nights.

Put the groomer outside...................

Oh yeah last time I was there the police were getting wings as well. That might not work. Picnic tables?

As you can tell I'm trying to get there on March 6th. Wings where great last time!!

Timmer

We were there too at 7pm and kept going. We figured that since it may have been our last night sledding, we'd rather spend the time out on the trails.

I know we would have been fine eating in the garage, standing up at a table or 2. We're all bundled up anyhow and its not that cold in there. Glad its so popular for you guys!

We were there too at 7pm and kept going. We figured that since it may have been our last night sledding, we'd rather spend the time out on the trails.

I know we would have been fine eating in the garage, standing up at a table or 2. We're all bundled up anyhow and its not that cold in there. Glad its so popular for you guys!

That was discussed a couple of times and myself, I won't have a problem either. The equipment in the garage doesn't all belong to the club and you may have noticed that we now have a gate installed to keep people out as there was a couple of issues in the past. For a lot of people, this is a night to socialize and they stay long after they finish their wings to have a beer and chat.

It will get discussed again and I will make mention tonight at the meeting of how many people drove by without stopping. Just not sure how many more people we could possibly serve.

Hey Blackstar.. The locals coming for wings takes its toll too.. So many wings leave the clubhouse that I am surprised there's any left for us snowmobilers.. Maybe make a special time for the locals (like before 6pm) and start cooking earlier... That would help move the people through the clubhouse faster.. Great wings!!! mmmmmmmmm

You're (and ultimately us as well) very lucky to have the problem of too many customers!

Perhaps putting the ticket table and coffee table out in the hall as well. Just a thought. I did wonder what the fire department might have said about occupancy limits if they had looked through the window at the same time we did :shock:

It was hard to see all the non-sledders there eating all the wings and taking up all the seats. I believe that wing nite should be geared towards the sledders since they have limited options of place to eat on the sled. No wings after 7pm unless your wearing a snowmobile suit and carrying a helmet in there. Plus, its nicer to talk to guys about what kind of sled they drove there tonite instead of what kind of car/truck they drove there that night. I don't think you would have any trouble selling tons of wings that night if you blocked off access from the road and made it accessible only by sled for 1 night of the month. I know next time if I see that many cars/trucks in the parking lot I won't even bother coming in. Hopefully next time I will be able to try the wings!!!!! :wavey:

It was hard to see all the non-sledders there eating all the wings and taking up all the seats. I believe that wing nite should be geared towards the sledders since they have limited options of place to eat on the sled. No wings after 7pm unless your wearing a snowmobile suit and carrying a helmet in there. Plus, its nicer to talk to guys about what kind of sled they drove there tonite instead of what kind of car/truck they drove there that night. I don't think you would have any trouble selling tons of wings that night if you blocked off access from the road and made it accessible only by sled for 1 night of the month. I know next time if I see that many cars/trucks in the parking lot I won't even bother coming in. Hopefully next time I will be able to try the wings!!!!! :wavey:

Hope you try again on March 6. Next and last Wing Night of the season.

We'll never cut off the non-sledders. Fact is they come to EVERY Wing night regardless of snow or not. They are local farmers and retired couples, some were sledders/volunteers in years past, some are regular members of the club who chose not to ride. If there is no snow for our March 6 Wing Night, how many of you can I count on to show up?

Start earlier? We open officially at 5pm. They started serving at 430 because people were there waiting at 4.

The coffee table has been moved as of Saturday morning. Trust me, we are looking for answers.

And yes, we have a capacity limit as well..... :coffeenose:

Blackstar is right. I've worked the wing night times when we didn't have snow and were thankful our "regulars" showed up for wings to help support the club. On occasion when we aren't able to work the club or ride the trails on wing night we will drive out to have some wings and support the club. As far as fire codes there are three exit doors, two in the seating area.

Wing nights are ran by volunteers who help support snowmobiling! We are always looking for more volunteers to work one day or night couple on a weekend couple times a year. Join in on the fun!

Hope to see all of you who missed your wings last week, come out to next wing night ...March 6th. Mark it on your calendar. :woot:

Getting rid of the locals would probally be the beginning of the end of the clubhouse as we now know it. Alot of the support comes from them. Out of the 5 wing nites a season you are usually lucky to ride your sled to maybe 2 of them. If the wing nite was this Friday how many sleds would be there? There are also a few non-sledders that still volunteer their time behind the bar on weekends during the sledding season. Now tell them they are not welcome to come out and enjoy a wing nite when the trails are open and what do you think they will tell you when asked to help out in the future?

Still want to ban them?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all who attended our last Wing Night of the season. Its was a steady crowd all night long.

Sad to look back on 2008/09 and realize we only had one Wing Night where sledders could ride in. Hopefully next year we will see trails open for more than 3 weeks. :(

Thanks as well to those who came out Sunday for breakfast. A lot of the same faces from Friday and its much appreciated. Nice meeting you PLC.

There is a General Meeting at the Clubhouse tomorrow (Tuesday March 10) at 7PM. All are welcome.

http://www.stclementssnowmobileclub.com

Archived