Border to Border - Vermont 24 hr. sled run for charity (CF)

Canuck

Reading AmSnow (American Snowmobiler) and I came across this 330 mile, 24 hour snowmobile run.

About 500 sleds yearly participate in snowmobile trip through Vermont (start in Mass. and end near Cdn. border in Norton, Vermont). There will be an end-of-ride party (Maple) at the Chez Pidgeon's Restaurant in Norton, VT, less than 1 mile from the Customs crossing.

I realize it's not "Ontario" sledding, but: a) we occasionally get posts about Eastern trips; B) it's a great cause (they ask that each rider bring at least $125 in pledges; c) it proves that there are 500 people willing to commence a 330 mile sled trip at 2 a.m. :shock:

Website is vtb2bn24.org, (vermont border to border in 24 hours),and it should be up and running soon.

Must be a lot of stops? That is only a 22 Km/h average speed if it runs a full 24 hours. Interesting concept though.

Must be a lot of stops? That is only a 22 Km/h average speed if it runs a full 24 hours. Interesting concept though.

Good point. I gather they meet at the end, and therefore it may be less than 24 hrs (who 'starts' a restaurant get together at 2 am?)

Good point. I gather they meet at the end, and therefore it may be less than 24 hrs (who 'starts' a restaurant get together at 2 am?)

Maple :poke:

That's sounds quite interesting Canuck.

The speed may be not bad, after all. Depends on the width and straightness of the trails. Plus if there are lots of places for 'photo-ops' it could be a great day of touring.

Much Scenesticity ;)

Canuck, would love to read about it - would you check your link ? I wasn't able to connect; only getting a parent directory thingy.

thanks !

The website (I'm told) will be operation soon.

Have a great weekend.

Have a great weekend.

Great ! Thanks. You Too :!:

You two going to hug? :hugs::crazy::puke:

It's a sad state of affairs and, quite probably, a commentary on today's social mores when the common courtesy of an exchange of good wishes between acquaintances is met with a public display of derision. :roll:

(bunny hugger) :P

Have a great weekend.

Great ! Thanks. You Too :!:

You two going to hug? :hugs::crazy::puke:

It's a sad state of affairs and, quite probably, a commentary on today's social mores when the common courtesy of an exchange of good wishes between acquaintances is met with a public display of derision. :roll:

(bunny hugger) :P

Its a sad state of affairs when people who have a serious concern for the future of our dear planet cannot express themselves without being tagged with a negative connotation. I for one look forward to a time when we can express our views and they are met with solid thinking and consideration even with opposite points of view!

forest fag! ;)

:P

ahaahahahah .. Perfect guess, I guess Maple too :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Archived