All Trails Red South of Georgian Bay?

Bryan XC700

Had a look at the trail status last night its all RED south of Georgian Bay? It was open in the morning just wondering if anyone knows what is going on? Closed due to rain to preserve the base? I was hoping to finally get a ride in somewhere this weekend!

If i was to bet its to save the already very thin trail base.  We need today's storm to dump to fill in the holes.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The clubs around here closed trails yesterday. Warm temps and rain. Trying to maintain the base.  👍

That's what I figured just wanted to check. Hopefully they can get back open for the weekend if we get the snow!

unfortunately the snow that fell immediately after the rain protected all that slush and water from freezing.    The groomers need a day of cold (like today) to penetrate and firm up that slush before they start grooming

On 2/2/2022 at 7:43 AM, Bryan XC700 said:

Had a look at the trail status last night its all RED south of Georgian Bay? It was open in the morning just wondering if anyone knows what is going on? Closed due to rain to preserve the base? I was hoping to finally get a ride in somewhere this weekend!

St. Clements and Elmira trails are open again this morning even though there has apparently been no grooming done. Sure hope it gets done tonight as I'm guessing lots will want to ride to St. Clements Wing Night.