Halfway Haven

Panther340

The owner called me out of the blue.  Said they plan to be open and third week of Feb is booked solid  so look at a different week if I can.  Good news.  I have to say I was floored that he took the time to call.  I'd e-mailed inquiring about the place 6 months ago.

Great news.. 

Hopefully I’m wrong but it’s looking like another s**t show coming for this season, Covid case’s are raising again daily which means they are gonna put indoor restrictions again, add sledders who haven’t gotten vaccinated to the mix who can’t dine inside for a quick bite and here we go again.

Like I said I really hope I’m wrong as it’s a great place to sled and I definitely miss riding there. 

Hats off to all who got halfway to keep the doors open.. 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Ox said:

I drive past it everyday going to work.  Few sleds at the last auction last weekend.  15 minutes from Coldwater Lake.

LOL!

Well yeah - I knew that YOU would be familiar with both places. :headbang:

And I drive past your workplace with frequency...

• Like 1

I've got 6 sleds looking for fuel (and possibly  lunch, at least coffee) at Halfway on Wednesday Feb 9, 2022. That is our Duberville to Chapleau day.

29 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

I drive past it everyday going to work.  Few sleds at the last auction last weekend.  15 minutes from Coldwater Lake.

Now wait....

You live at the lake?

You work in Auburn?

What route runs between those two and through Bronson?

4 minutes ago, Ox said:

Now wait....

You live at the lake?

You work in Auburn?

What route runs between those two and through Bronson?

Ox,

Corporate offices are in Auburn, Indiana.  We have a foundry in Auburn also which is what you see from I-69.  That was purchased after Auburn Foundry went bankrupt.  Prior to that purchase, I was working for MTI in Three Rivers, Michigan and chose to stay even though the drive to Auburn is shorter.  I have worked in Three Rivers for 25 years now.  We have foundries from Minnesota to Mexico.  We owned Sachs in Germany and sold it years ago.  We bought the TRW foundry in Woodstock, Ontario and ended up closing it some years back.

Prior I was Employed by a Danish Foundry Equipment Company.  Got to travel all over the world working for DISA.  Now I drive 54 to 60 miles each way to work depending on my route and I never take the same route twice in a day.  I drive to Auburn only for company meetings or to take one of the company planes.  

• Like 2