Temiskaming Shores Dec 26 to 29ish

Blake G

Heading up to New Liskeard tomorrow morning with the wife and daughter. I'm thinking they can hang around the Holiday Inn Express pool - - while over the hills I go, laughing all the way.

Hoping to bump into some fellow OC'ers....

• Like 6

I’ll come for a ride

• Like 1

When will you be there, Dave?

I may head up there tomorrow or Saturday for a ride.. not too sure when yet. Been itching to go for a good one as all the snow is melting around here now (North Bay). Looks there there is now a good loop available up to Englehart.

• Like 1

Keep me posted, adventure.

4 of us heading same way but turning west towards gowganda lake .I see some of their trails just went green .so some trail riding and off trail .trucks loaded and leaving at 730 am from port Sydney  Whoot

• Like 3

Can u drop a pin , where  we could meet 

PM sent.

How is it going guys? Thinking to drive there tomorrow.

Had a quick lunch at the Silver Cafe on the way up toTemiskaming Shores yesterday. 

Checked out some commercial real estate listings and got the truck and trailer stuck in the unplowed section of a parking lot. (Unloaded the sleds while the wife shoveled in front of the truck. Out in 20 minutes.)

Quality Inn and Econolodge have been closed for a few days.  Not sure when they reopen. 

Not seeing many sleds around town. Rode 20 miles on some side roads yesterday afternoon and checked out part of the A Trail. 

Rode 154 kms today around New Liskeard, Earlton, Charlton, and Engelhart.

The trails are limited (not green) for a reason. Tri-Town Sno Travelers / Club Echo crews have done a LOT of work getting the trails opened, signed, staked and groomed, but you can tell the past few days of warmth with a smidgen of drizzle have let a bit of air out of the balloon. One more good snowfall with another grooming run will make quite a difference.

Saw about 20 sleds during our 4 hour tour. Three more trucks with trailers at the Holiday Inn today.

I drove both sleds across the Engelhart River, and asked Jennifer to walk across and climb the bank. The the south bank was pretty steep at the water's edge.

20191227_134947.jpg

20191227_120036.jpg

Edited by Blake G

42 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Rode 154 kms today around New Liskeard, Earlton, Charlton, and Engelhardt.

The trails are limited (not green) for a reason. Tri-Town Sno Travelers / Club Echo crews have done a LOT of work getting the trails opened, signed, staked and groomed, but you can tell the past few days of warmth with a smidgen of drizzle have let a bit of air out of the balloon. One more good snowfall with another grooming run will make quite a difference.

Saw about 20 sleds during our 4 hour tour. Three more trucks with trailers ar the Holiday Inn today.

I drove both sleds across the Engelhart  River because the south bank was pretty steep at the water's edge.

20191227_134947.jpg

20191227_120036.jpg

Thanks for the report Blake. Definitely need alot more snow and cold, which by the looks of the forecast is coming..:right_on:

I can hardly wait.

48 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Thanks for the report Blake. Definitely need alot more snow and cold, which by the looks of the forecast is coming..:right_on:

fingers crossed for the cold and snow... that bit of ice/snow crossing doesn't look healthy

4 hours ago, andreyboater said:

How is it going guys? Thinking to drive there tomorrow.

Just drove down through there Andre - go further north if you can. There must have been a thousand trucks and trailers heading up hwy 11. Snow looked very poorly around New Liskeard from the highway, ever worse the closer you were to North Bay. Looks like a snowmelt bomb went off around Parry Sound as well.

• Thanks 1

Off work tomorrow.. thinking about trailing to Liskeard for the day.... is it WORTH it? A friend of a friend says I will be disappointed... what do you think?

It's rideable, but I'm going to cut my visit short and head south in the morning.

I will return when the weather cooperates a little more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Go to Rouyn Noranda. Worth it

6-9" forecast for Val d"or next few days!

Lots of snow just west of Liskeard and the 107 is groomed up in Gowganda

IMG_20191228_145227.jpg

IMG_20191228_103040.jpg

Edited by Muskoka Man
  • Like 2