Weekend options? - West side Algonquin between ~gravenhurst and loring?

Sneaks

Hey folks, so see most things south of sudbury turned yellow (or red,) and wondering if anybody's been out after this rain and mild weather and could give some ideas if there's anything worth riding this weekend within 3-4h from Waterloo region (likely just a day trip, unless can sled to buddy's cottage in loring?)  Ie thinking dorest area, possibly up past kearny, loring, etc.  Saw the Kawagama TV report saying dorset didn't get as much rain, but the lakes are likely going to re-freeze on top and if they don't' get any snow, traction and lube will be an issue, and of course washouts  always start to get concerning this time of year as we approach spring.

Want to get out as have a single trip of 175km in this year, but if it's going to be absolutely crap conditions and I can't convince my riding buddy, might not be worth the hassle, and just hope things hold out for a couple weekends still.

Edited by Sneaks
typed hearst instead of kearny!

In the French River.. 

This weekend might be pushing it, everything needs to re freeze and I suspect the trails will be 100% ice because there isn't really new snow in the forecast. I also wouldn't even consider going on a lake up here.  All the road crossings are completely bare as well. Assuming you have to work Monday... but I'd wait till Sunday to hear some reports from people that ventured out or check trails, with some new snow next weekend might be do able. 

Just my two cents 

Ok thanks for the report that's all needed. Yeah will wait it out. 

From today between Gravenhurst, Kearney, Orrville. Trails were very good, other than a few water hazards.

Bracebridge.

20190316_175656.jpg

20190316_175618.jpg

Seguin Trail.

20190316_175411.jpg

20190316_175155.jpg

Spiccoli's.

20190316_175031.jpg

Orrville.

20190316_175321.jpg

20190316_105654.jpg

Winhara Rd.

20190316_175802.jpg

D at Etwell.

20190316_175522.jpg

Edited by Blake G

Trails are great in Barry's Bay area.

• 10 months later...

Anybody can point me where is look out located on East side Algonquin park  Mattawa and Deep river. Thanks

8 hours ago, andreyboater said:

Anybody can point me where is look out located on East side Algonquin park  Mattawa and Deep river. Thanks

Not sure that your question will be seen in this thread by people like Mike who may be able to help. I have ridden that stretch of A trail and club local trails over 20 times and am not aware of a lookout there. There is a lookout just west of Mattawa on A112A on the way to the mica mine. Any chance that is the one you are looking for?

• Thanks 1