Liability

revrnd

Saw this while looking for something else:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4897047/ontario-to-review-municipalities-concerns-liability-chill/

I wonder if the OFSC is following it? If a sledder is impaired, speeding, etc, then crashes, that should absolve the OFSC & anyone else of liability.

I see that Premier Doug has promised to do something significant to lessen the liability claims on municipalities and hopefully reduce huge insurance claims that the taxpayer ultimately pays for.

Hopefully this will include Not for Profit and other trail groups.

PIL's will not like it.  Go Doug.

I broke my femur when in grade two. It was a toboggan accident. The sled hit a raised man hole cover tht was essentially a jump. It launched the sled into the air, I went out the front landing in a creek bed, the sled followed with my cousin and sister still on it and hit me breaking my leg. Never was a lawsuit discussed, mysister and cousin got in crap as they were older nd I healed. Still have a picture somewhere of me riding our snowmobile with a body cast on. I guess back then parents understood the risks, and also understood thry assume liability if they allow the children to have fun and take those risks.

I broke my wrist on school property. I went to push an exit door as a kid on the outside pulled it open. I landed on the pavement outside of the entrance.

No thought of a lawsuit & we have a pic of me pointing @ a sign w/ my bundled up arm while snowmobiling.

58 minutes ago, lastzrt said:

revrnd ?

I was out in the shop LOL

Archived